thirty two.

⚠️ trigger warning

jeon jungkook's pov

My gut told me that something was off with Y/N. She seemed to be forcing smiles, and she doesn't think I notice. Maybe it's me? She would rarely eat and it's seriously worrying me. I want her to open up to me, but since that day—she's been closed off.

I sighed, gripping my phone tightly while opening the door to the address Jimin-ssi texted me.

"SURPRISE!!!" Loud voices screamed all around me. My eyes widened as my face scrunched up at the sudden loud noise. I look up and see a 'Saeng-il chughahabnida Jeon Jungkook' banner hanging on the walls.

It's my birthday.

I had forgotten that it was my birthday due to the fact of worrying so much for Y/N. Y/N seemed to forget about my birthday, but I never really talked to her about it. I guess it doesn't really matter now.

I was embraced by six bodies, warmth surrounding me. "Don't tell me you forgot about your birthday again Jungkook," Seokjin scolded.

I gave him a knowing look as he started mumbling words so fast I don't think I even understood what he had said. "thislittlebitchalwaysforgetshisbirthdayand," he took a deep breath, "everyyearthehyungshavetoremindhimhowrude" I rolled my eyes at his mumbling.

"HEY! Did you just roll your eyes at me?" Seokjin yelled, his eyes widening.

"You're gonna get it, you brat!" Seokjin yelled before he charged at me. Yoongi slipped in front of him, holding him back. "Let me get to this little fuc-", I sighed as I walked away with my hands stuffed into my pockets.

I heard a small, "He'll always be my baby boy," before I heard a fake windshield-wiping cry, which obviously come from Seokjin.

"Hey, did Y/N come?" Namjoon asked, placing his hand onto my shoulder.

"You guys texted me that there was an emergency, and I didn't want her get hurt—so I didn't tag her along." I said.

"Then go get her! She can't miss out on the fun!" Hoseok yelled with a bottle of beer in his hand—already seeming drunk.

"She's been quite...closed off recently. I think it would be nice for her to come outside and see you guys." I smiled. I'm always happy just mentioning her, and although she's been through a rough patch recently, I'm always going to be there for her.

"I'll come with you! I haven't seen her in awhile." Taehyung said excitedly.

    I nodded my head as we both headed to my car.

    "Y/N?" I knocked on the door.

    No answer.

    "Y/N?" I called again.

    No answer.

    It seemed... too quiet. I placed the key into the lock as I twisted it unlocked.

    I ran up the stairs quickly, taking two steps at a time as I opened the door—but the room was empty.

    Some light shined under the door, phew, she's okay.

    "Y/N," I knocked.

    "Sorry for bothering your bath, but it's my birthday today and the guys planned a surprise party for me, you should come tag along after you finish." I said from the other side of the door.

    No answer.

    I knocked again, a little more frantically.

    Calm down, Jungkook.

    I grabbed the spare key that was laying on top of the doorframe. I took a deep breath before placing it into the hole and twisting it unlocked.

    "Y/N-" I paused in my tracks as my breath was taken away.

    There she was. The water red as she lied in the bathtub. Her face was pale. I stumbled in my tracks—"O-oh my god."

    I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to say. Tears spewed out of my eyes—placing my one arm under her knees while my other arm held her back.

    "TAEHYUNG!" I yelled, my voice cracking as I screamed on top of my lungs.

    I walked outside and screamed his name repeatedly. Taehyung turned his head, his eyes widening as he quickly stumbled out from the car. Taehyung seemed to grow frantic as well as he scratched his neck and his fingers trembled.

    "Help me, damnit!" I yelled. Taehyung couldn't seem to comprehend for a moment before he fumbled with his phone as he dialled 911. It was the second time calling 911 for her.

    Endless tears slid down my cheeks as I looked down her cadaverous state. "Fuck it," I murmured before sliding her in the back seat of the car, getting into the drivers seat.

    "What are you doing?" Taehyung yelled.

    "If I don't get her to the hospital now,  then she won't make it, tell them to expect us." I said, revving on the engine. "Get in!" I yelled at him.

    He quickly slid into the car as he notified the emergency services while I stepped on the gas. "If you drive too fast we're going to die." Taehyung said, panicking.

    "If I don't drive fast enough, she will die."

    Come on princess, fight. For me. For us.

But he didn't know she did fight

           for so long,

until she gave up.

[EDITED]