Chapter 19: Phone Calls

Cayla's POV

Well, that plan failed.

As soon as Tyler drove off Troye broke down crying. Lena kneeled next to him in an attempt to comfort him, but he pushed her away.

"I just want to be alone." he muttered

I didn't stay any longer. I hopped into my car to go after Tyler.

I assumed he was probably headed back to his apartment, so I headed that way. On the way I saw a crash. One of the cars looked oddly like Tyler's, and I could've swore I caught a glimpse of him being put into an ambulance. I shook off the thought and continued driving.

Arriving at his apartment I unlocked the door using the key he gave me,but he wasn't there. I searched through every room to no avail. I started to worry. What if that really was him at the accident?

Just then my phone rang. I looked down to see Tyler's face on my phone.

"Oh thank god." I said to myself

"Tyler? Are you ok?" I answered it

"I'm sorry miss," a man spoke, "but your friend was in a car crash."

"What?" so that was him. Oh no. I hope he's ok.

"He was in a car crash. He's in critical condition in the hospital currently. He blacked out so we called the first person in his phone. I trust you can contact his family?"

"Uh. Yeah. Can I come see him?"

"Of course."

"Ok. Thanks." I hung up the phone and sat down. This was all to much to handle.

Once I got over the shock of it all I drove to the hospital. On the drive over I called his mom. There wasn't much she could do since she was in Michigan, but she deserved to know. Next I called Lena.

"Hey Lena. How's Troye?" I asked her

"I dropped him off at his apartment, but he's still a mess. How's Tyler?"

"That's actually what I'm calling about. Tyler's in critical condition in the hospital."

"Oh my god what happened?!?!"

"He was on a car accident."

"Oh my god!"

"I don't know if you want to tell Troye or not."

"I probably should. He really loves him."

"Ya. I'm on my way to the hospital now."

"Ok. I'll be there in a little while."

"Ok. Bye."

"See ya."

I continued to drive to the hospital wondering if I actually want to see him. I mean, would you want to see your best friend in critical condition? I just hope he'll end up ok.

-----------------------------------
A/N

So he's not dead. Yay!

Favorite comment goes to sivansmellet mostly for our little twitter interaction that I laughed way to much at.

Vote and comment!