Chapter 20: "All My Fault"

Troye's POV

Lena called me and told me that Tyler was in the hospital in critical condition. Oh my god. This is all my fault.

I had to have done something to make him upset. If I hadn't done whatever it is he wouldn't have run away and he wouldn't have gotten in a car crash and he wouldn't be in the hospital.

I started throwing pillows and kicking the wall out of frustration. I was mad at myself, mad at the situation, mad at the world.

Why? Why did this this have to happen? Why couldn't Tyler and I just live happily ever after like in fairy tales?

"Probably because this isn't a fairy tale, Troye." I mumbled to myself.

That's it. I have to go see him. I can't stay here just wondering how he's doing, especially when this is my fault.

I get in my car and drive to the hospital.

Arriving there I immediately turn up my nose at the smell of disinfectant. It's all so white and clean and depressing here.

Walking up to the lady behind the reception desk I tell her I'm here to see Tyler. She gives me a visitors pass and tells me where to go. I thank her and walk in the direction she pointed.

Standing before his door, I knock though my hands shake. Cayla opens it and let's me in. I was not prepared for what I was about to see.

Tyler lay there motionless. Multiple tubes sticking in him gave him various fluids. He had a huge black eye. One of his legs was in a cast and every place on his body I could see was covered with purple bruises.

"Oh my god." I sit down, overwhelmed by his condition

"The doctor said he slipped into a coma. They don't know when he'll wake up." Cayla informed me, obviously choking back tears. I, on the other hand, was not able to hold in my tears.

I leaned against Lena, who was sitting in the chair next to me, and just sobbed. I sobbed until my eyes went dry, the whole time Lena was comforting me.

The love of my life is in a coma, and it's all my fault.