Chapter 26: Goodbye

Troye's POV

He doesn't fucking trust me. Here I was thinking I did something terrible to him, but really he just didn't trust me.

I sped away, leaving him on his own. I looked in the mirror seeing him sitting there crying, but I turned away before I could feel sorry for him. It was his fault after all. He was the one who had trust issues. I couldn't get the image if him sitting on the curb, curled into a ball, crying out of my head though.

As my anger calmed down I realized what had actually happened. I had pretty much just broken up with the most important person in my life and who knows if he'd ever take me back. I had just lost the only person I had ever truly loved.

I turned my car around and went to go apologize.

When I got there he wasn't on the curb anymore. I assumed he'd gone up to his apartment so I headed there.

I knocked on the door and he opened almost immediately.

His eyes were wet with tears and he spat at me "What do you want."

"Look," I began, "I'm sorry. I overreacted. You made an honest mistake, and I forgive you for that mistake. Will you forgive me for mine?"

"No, Troye. You were right before. I didn't trust you and without trust, what do we have? Not a relationship, I'll tell you that. It's just.... it's not meant to be. I'm sorry, Troye."

He started closing the door but I stopped it with my hand "Tyler, wait." I begged

"Troye, this isn't any easier for me than it is you, but it's the right thing to do."

"Just, one more thing."

He reopened the door all the way to face me. I cupped his face in my hands and smashed my lips against his. He kissed back, and I savored every moment. I won't ever get to do this again.

We both pulled away and looked into each others eyes.

"Goodbye, Tyler."

"Goodbye, Troye."