Chapter 22: Pulling the Plug

Troye's POV

The day had come. The day they'd turn off life support and, unless he woke up in the next few hours, leave the love of my life dead.

His mom flew here from Michigan to say goodbye, and Lena and Cayla were there too. I sat in my usual position, sitting next to him holding his hand. I tried imagining the heart monitor not beaping, and him being gone. I tried to imagine life without him here, but I just couldn't.

The doctor came in and told us "You have 5 minutes, then we pull the plug."

5 minutes. 5 more minutes to be with my Tyler.

"Do you think I could have a few minutes alone with him?" I asked the others.

"Of course." Cayla responded for everyone before going out in the hall. We were alone.

"Tyler," I started, "I miss you Ty. I miss your smile. I miss your laugh. I miss everything about you. I've heard that when someone is in a coma they can still hear. If that's the case, I want you to know that I love you. I don't know what I did to make you upset, but whatever it is I'm sorry for it. I just want to see you again. If you can hear me, please, PLEASE, try and wake up. There's only a few more minutes until they pull the plug on life support and I just need you to wake up. I love you, Tyler. And nothing, not even death, will change that." When I finished I leaned over him and kissed him on the lips. Right when I pulled away the doctors came in.

I stood to the side with the others. Lena and I gripped each other's hands for support. The doctors fiddled around, removing tubes from his body. Only the heart monitor remained.

I prepared myself for the beeping to stop, but it didn't.

---------------------------------

A/N

I really don't know what to say here. Umm... oops?

Favorite comment goes to PeaceSignTape because I don't want you to hit me with a book

Vote and comment!