Chapter 2

I stepped through the school gates and through the front door watching as students scurried to their classes. I didn't even know the beginning of it, I was completely lost.

Becoming more nervous I took out my inhaler and taking a hit off it just so I have time to breathe before I had an anxiety attack.

What felt like ages later I was completely lost...and I didn't really know who to ask for help. I had managed to find the cafeteria but that didn't tell me where I was supposed to go.
It was only then I felt something hard be hit up against my head causing me to fall down.

"Crap! I-I'm sorry!"
I look back to see an older girl holding her bag over her shoulder.
"You alright mate?"

She was taller and looked to be about two years older than me. She had wavey, brown hair and deep green eyes. She looked to be about a year 5 or 6.

I gave her a nod to reassure her that I was okay. Extending her hand to help me up. I hesitated at first but took her hand to help myself.

"I'm alright thanks."
I spoke softly and shyly towards her. I hadn't really been with other children before...i mean sure at the park but I never really interacted with anybody.

"You're new here right?"
She asked looking down at me.
"What year are you in?"

"Ehhh...four."
I said becoming more nervous as I answered.
She laughed which made me feel a little embarrassed. What was so funny?

"No kiddin'? My mate's sister is too."
She then grabbed my hand to guide me where I needed to go...not that she needed to hold my hand to do so. I was old enough to do things on my own.
"Come on, I'll show you where you need to go."

We talked a bit as she walked to where I needed to go.

"What year are you?"
I asked, just trying to start conversation.

"Six. Its my last year of primary."
She stated in a bit of a happy tune
"Primary is for the little kids. I'm nearly twelve."

"I-Im not a little kid either."
I stated getting a bit flustered at her remark.
"I'll be this many in February."

I held out both my hands extending all my fingers proudly. She laughed as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Relax, 'm not talkin' about you. You seem grown up enough."

She seemed really nice.  I didn't  know what to think about that...or how to respond. I smiled a little thinking I've found myself a new friend. We stopped by a hallway, watching her point down one with purple walls.

"Just down that hallway. The teachers will tell you where you need to go."

I felt nervous but she reassured me with a smile. I was really nervous. Stepping down a hallway, a group of girls run past me into a classroom, giggling and laughing. Everybody looked like they had a place. Then there was me, the new girl. Weird, awkward, a complete stranger to everyone.

"Are you Miss Sssserus?"
I hear a woman's voice ask me from behind, making me jump. I turned around to see a tall woman in black heels, trousers and a black blouse. She wasn't very young looking, but she wasn't old either. Her hair went back in a dark brown ponytail and round glasses sat on her face just barely on her nose.

"It's...Sirus. But um...y-yeah."
I gave a nod, keeping completely still. I wasn't much of a talker, I never have been. She gave me a soft smile and motioned me to fallow her.
We reached a room filled with at least 19 kids. Who were all chatting and giggling...they all stopped and looked at me as I stepped in nervously behind the teacher.

"Good morning lady's."
The teacher spoke loudly but also softly. She sounded nice.
"We have a new student joining us today. This is Sirus, she will be spending all of year four with us. I want you all to be nice and welcome her just like one of your friends."