Chapter 9

Toy Crazy wasn't that crowded today...oddly enough, despite it being two weeks before Christmas.

Holding Mum's hand we both stepped inside the shop, feeling the warmth of heaters hit my face was an instant relief.
The heaters felt AMAZING against my face and hands. Looking around the shops i was actually some-what excited to get a new toy.

I had loads at home...but none of them seemed to interest me anymore.
There wasn't really anything that caught my eye except for maybe the littlest pet shop figures...but I already had so many at home. I had almost every set from birthdays and Christmas's before...
Going down each isle I tried finding something I was really interested in...

Pokémon cards, Lego's , colouring books, they all seemed really fun.
But one thing seemed to really stick out towards me.

It was completely blue and it had the most appealing shine to it, it seemed to stick out from all the other toys...
A keyboard.

Going straight for it I was stopped by someone familiar. Her hair was in braids this time but there was no mistaking it.

"Dawn?"

I watched as she grabbed the keyboard from the shelf. She turn towards me, looking a bit surprised.

"Sia! Hello lov' I didn't expect you to be here."
I gave her a friendly, welcoming smile. Even if she said my name wrong. I didn't mind. It was nice to see somebody else other than mum for once. Ever since I was home schooled and the fight I wasn't aloud to see Danny anymore.
"Are you shopping for Christmas presents too?"

I gave her a happy nod.

"Mum said I can pick out anything I liked."

She gave me a head tilt as she spoke to me.

"You didn't ask Father Christmas for anything?"

I shrugged a little at her question. Father Christmas wasn't really someone I saw every Christmas.

"Sometimes he forgets..."

"Aww lov' 'm sorry about that. So, did your mum send you here by yourself?"

"No...she's over by one of the heaters by the front. It's a bit cold outside."
Dawn chuckled a bit and gave a nod.
"Hey Dawn, you didn't happen to see another Keyboard did you?"

"Oh...no sorry. Ummm here you can have this one. I was just grabbing something anyway."

She was so quick to give it to me. Wasn't it for a mate?

"No no its alright...i don't even know how to play anyways...Mum is kind of iffy when it comes to me playing music. She won't even let me touch her guitar."

Dawn frowned a bit at what I said. As if that was something to get upset about. It really wasn't a big deal...

"I'll tell you what lov. I'll give you this, if you let me teach you how to play. Sound fair?"
My eyes widened as I gave a near toothless grin. She snickers a bit.

"Really!?"

"Sirus? You ready?"

I heard my mum call from the front. Dawn lost her grin and sighed

"I'll see you tomorrow okay...at the bus stop I'll pick you up and take you to my place okay."

I gave her a wide smile, excited to be able to learn how to play. I nodded, carrying the box to the front desk where my mum was.

"A-A keyboard? Well...it sure is...different. Are you sure you don't want another Barbie or...maybe an acrilic paint set? You loved your old one."

I set the box on the counter.

"I want this. Please Mum! It's Blue, and....And it looks fun!"

Mum looked at me and sighed.

"Alright...but this is going into your birthday money as well okay."

I gave her a nod of excitement and looked down the isle i went down. Dawn was nowhere to be found. She must still be looking...
Oh well.

I looked at the box, happy to have something i wanted, an instrument at that. I always wanted to learn to play something. Now I finally get to!