Chapter 15

After telling my mum several times about my Non relationship with Danny as well as my Non crush she finally decided to let it go.

Daniel was...nice. I liked him a lot. He was kind, funny, he's got nice hair and i like his clothes too.
Sure I fancy him but, not like crush fancy. For example, Kissing him would be kinda gross. Unless it's on the cheek...those would be nice.

"Broken. Our love, is broken."

I sing along with the radio as i lay on my bedroom floor completely bored out of my mind.
Over the few months of staying home I developed a liking to this new band. Gorillaz, I think that's what it was called. Though I don't really know who they are. I like the music.
Mum had thrown away most of my toys and my art supplies so I couldn't do anything...and playing with Polly pockets all the time were getting boring.

I heard the click of the door open and i instantly stopped singing and turned off the radio, quickly turning on my telly to cartoons.

"Hey, Starshine. What are you listening to?"
Mum came up to me with a soft smile...i know how she was with music. I had to be careful.

"Nothin' I was just watching cartoons."

I replied sitting up and looking on the TV. Charley and Lola. Im surprised they still played this. Its been ages.

"You reddy to see Dawn today?"

She asked with a soft smile.
I nodded my head slowly and began to get dressed for today. I had been in my pyjamas for most of it
Seeing Dawn was a blessing for me. I was always happy to see her no matter what. Mum always came back at the end of the day, she was always drunk, and she would always bring home strange men to stay the night with her... it wasn't really like her. I mean she would always tell me she's sorry but now...im not so sure if she actually meant it anymore.
As soon as I finished getting dressed i heard a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!!!"
I yell as i run through the hall, sliding across the tile to stop myself.
I opened the door and there stood Dawn with her bright happy to see me, smile on her face.

"Dawn!!!"
I yelled hugging her tightly, more than happy to see her.

"Hey girl."
She replied petting my hair and stepping inside,

"Hello Dawn."
Paula said grabbing her keys and briefly greeting her before pulling out a cigarette and lighting it.
"Alright. You know the ropes by now. Feed her, look after her, get her to bed on time and all that."

She then gave me a side hug before taking off to...wherever she went during the evening.

Once we were sure she left i pulled out her keyboard from behind the sofa and sat it down on my lap after sitting down.
After having mine broken, she had let me use hers a bit. For practice.

"Are you ready Dawn?"

I look up at her with a smile...my two front teeth had just started to grow in a little.
She gives me a smile and crouched down next to me.

"Actually...i was kind of hoping...we could go on a small road trip. What do you think?"

I got excited for a moment but lost my smile quickly. Leaving the house was a major NO from mum. She never wanted me leaving the house while she was gone. Even when she was in she never really let me outside.

"I donno...what if mum-"

"I already asked her before I came and she said yes."
Dawn smiled, rubbing my head.
"So it's okay."

I regained my smile. As long as mum said it was okay. It would be amazing! My heart began pounding as I became excited.

"Yes!"