Chapter 5

"And she left, just like that?"

"Yeah...its kinda strange. And she didn't even ask about...you know."

"That is odd..."

I spoke with Daniel after school once the rain calmed down, walking home with me...Our apartment was a bit far from the school but not too far. If someone was desperate enough to do so they could walk.

Danny and I had became really good friends since Sky introduced us. However due to Sky still being in a private all girls school it was hard to talk to her. It had gotten a bit lonely after I moved to the Academy but i talked to her sometimes. Danny however, I got to see every day now. It was nice. I liked him a lot...
He was really the only person i got along with and someone who really understood me. He was also really...what's the word. Nice? We just clicked.
Sure i talked to people but with him, I can say just about anything.

"So, Danny...i was wondering. Wanna come to the park with me?"
I asked a bit nervous to even ask. Danny was older than me...so he probably would be too busy to hang out with me. Homework and studying for GCSE's and such.
He was very smart. Really smart! In fact, he can name all the countries of the world off the top of his head.
He was wicked cool. He was also head of the football team which made it even cooler because football was my favorite sport!
"Its fine if you're busy...i just..."

"Sure, I'd love to."
This made me smile...and my face turn red at the same time. I couldn't believe he said yes.
"Race you there?"

"Danny...c'mon...you know i can't-"
He began booking it towards the direction of the playground.
"Danny!"

I began running after him...catching up quickly.
We both laughed as we made it to the park together. However I began getting light headed, panting heavily and coughing.

"Woah, woah, take it easy Shortstack."
He rubbed my back as he reached in my bag, pulling out my inhaler.
Taken it from him I took a few hits of it until i felt better.

"I'm good, I'm good. I just..."
I panted a bit, still catching my breath.

"Sorry about that. You know i love a competition."
He chuckles going towards the swings holding the chains.
"I'll push you if you want."

I smiled at him happily going over to the swings and sitting on it. He gently began pulling me back and pushing me forward...but i knew he was just getting warmed up.

Moments later he pulled back all the way before giving me a massive shove sending me high.

I let out a squeal of enjoyment, getting butterflies in my stomach as my feet went above the ground.

"Higher Danny! Higher!"
I squealed and laughed more in enjoyment.

"Higher huh?"
He chuckled as he pushed me.
"How about...THIS!"

with a massive push he definitely sent me higher.
I squealed and laughed as a swing back and forth.
Getting on the swing next to me, we eventually began swinging together. Enjoying ourselves and each other as we did so.

The swings were my absolute favorite out of everything. It made me feel like i was flying. If i close my eyes it made my body tingle, sending butterflies all over. I enjoyed that feeling a lot. With Danny it was a lot better. He made me feel really happy.

After a while of high swinging we slowed down.

"Danny...can i tell you something?"
I looked at him. My face red from laughing.

"Sure. Anything Si, you know that."
I looked away from him a bit. Nervous to say anything to him. I wanted to tell him how i felt...but I couldn't find the words to say it.
"Did...something happen at home? Sirus? Are you in trouble?"

He placed a hand on my shoulder. I knew my silence worried him. But i just couldn't find the words to say it.

"No no...its just that. I...ummm...i like you a lot. You know that right?"

He gave a chuckle and hopped off the swing.

"Of course i do. We're best mates...unless...you mean it differently."

I could feel my face become red with embarrassment. It wasn't like that! Not at all! Well...maybe a little but. He didn't have to know!

"N-No! We're definitely mates! Best mates! I just...thought it would be nice to remind you that you mean a lot to me."
I felt my face become more red as i looked at him, i felt a lump in my throat like i was about to cry.

"Hey...hey...its alright i get it."
He placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring smile.
"I like you too short stack. You're pretty fun to hang around with."
This calmed me a little. I looked at him with a watery blue eye...having the other one covered by my eye patch.
"Wait here okay...i'll be back."

I blinked a bit, taking a deep breath to calm myself.

"Where are you-"

"I just need to go toilet for a wee. I'll be back. No need to worry."

Him leaving gave me plenty of time to cool off...what was I thinking? Telling him that i liked him. I didn't just like him...i like liked him...but...not like a crush...definitely not.

I began to swing again to try and cool off more...today was weird. Meeting Dawn and being late was just the icing on top...

"Hey Si Si~"

I stopped swinging, scraping my shoes on the ground to stop myself.
A group of three blond girls stood infront of me, arms crossed as they chewed gum.

Oh God not them...

These girls were the worst. Worse than worse...all throughout Primary they picked on me and there's no doubt they were here to do just that.