Chapter 24

I stood there crying with Erin trying to calm me down.

"Wha' 'append?"
Approached us walking into the room

"Ehhhh...I don't know..."
Erin said nervously.
"I tried to explain to 'er why we were packing up 'er things and she began cryin'..."

"But what if it's not!"
I cried looking at Erin with tears in my eyes.
"What if something bad happens to her and i never see her again?"

I began crying more as I sat down. Tucking my knees to my chest. All of this was my fault. It had to of been. Why else would this of happened?

"Awww don't talk like that lov, 'm sure she's fi-"

"It's all because of me!"

I couldn't just stand there and tell me all of this stuff about my mom. I couldn't take it... So I ran. But where am i going? I stopped and looked around. Where am i going? To find my mom? I can't exactly find her if i don't know where to look...

" 'ello."
i hear a boys voice peep out from behind me.
I turn around to see a two boys holding hands smiling at me.
One of them had short straight black hair. He wore a green "geep" shirt and blue jean shorts.

The other one... A bit shorter than him had also had black spikey hair...well it was more of a really dark brown but who cares...he wore a blue oversized shirt that had a strange pink island on it that said "Plastic Beach" he also wore jean shorts. Are they brothers?

"Where are you going?" asked the second boy.
I shrugged and looked away shyly.

"I'm Sam"
chirped the first boy.
"An' dis is my mate Dexter. We're both new here we moved from East Essex and we were wonderin' if yew wanted to play with us."

He beamed happily as he held the other boys hand tightly.

"But you can call me Dex if you want."
Dexter replied with a smile as he held Sam's hand.
I smiled back which seemed to excite them a bit.

"You wanna play with us"
they both chirped happily.

"Really?"
i looked away shyly. It had been a good while since I've seen kids my age. Even Danny. So I shrugged.

"Okay"
I shrugged going with them now feeling better that I was going to make new friends.
We finally arrived at a local park by the apartments where i lived.
This is the park mum usually takes me to when Dawn isn't babysitting and she isn't drunk...

"Tag!"
Yelled sam tapping my shoulder before taking off.

My eyes widened. Tag? I haven't played this scene primary school!
Happy to play I began running after them.

"I'm going to get you!"
I chime as she runs towards Sam and tagging his shoulder.
Dexter seemed to be enjoying playing with me too.
There weren't many children out today due to the cloudy rainy weather but it was really fun.

Moments after playing We had to stop. All the running had made me out of breath.
Luckily I had my inhaler, taking two hits off of it I hear Dexter call out for me and Sam.

"Hey..."
Dexter whispered into Sam's ear. I couldn't quite understand.

"I don' know Dex...it could be riskeh. We don't even know if she does..."
Sam said back looking at me.

We're they talking about me now? What were they talking about.

I had found a nearby flower and began twirling it between my fingers, watching the petals spread out.

"Wha' if she doesn't?"

"And if she does? It can't hurt to try."

I began drifting off into my own world as they talked...thinking about life if it was simpler. Easy to handle and what I would be doing if Mum was home right now.

I began to hyperfocus into the flowers before feeling a tight grip wrap around me and lift me up.

I screamed from being startled, I begin squirming around before I realized who it was.
Her cold skin touching mine made me tense up but continue to squirm around more.

"No way!"
I hear Dexter shout as they both ran up to us.

"Wicked!"