Personality change

(The picture is a picture I drew of myself, even though I'm not that cute. Lmao)

Donnie's POV

Log #18:

January 20 - 4:07 PM

Casey's been acting strange. I know I only use these logs to collect data regarding mutagen or intell on our enemies, but I need some sort of outlet. I'm not the type to conversate with my brother's on these things and April is helpful but this is something different. I'm in fear he's developing a depression. I'm not sure what's causing it but I notice changes in his behavior. At night, when we'd finally go to sleep, he wouldn't hold me. He'd just put his arm over me. But that's about it. He's been eating less every few weeks, and what he chooses to eat when he does is rather... Unhealthy. He'll only eat a slice of bread, maybe. For a whole day! His stomach would growl but he'd act like it wasn't. Raph brought it to his attention once, but he played dumb. I don't understand why he won't open up to me. Am... Am I the problem? Does he not want to be with me anymore...? Ugh. Stop giving yourself anxiety Donnie. I shouldn't jump to conclusions. I'll write again if anything else occurs.

Log #25

March 3 - 8:54 AM

I've noticed dark circles in his eyes. He's not sleeping. Has he developed some kind of insomnia? Maybe I should install a camera? Is it creepy for me to make sure my boyfriend sleeps at night? It sounds creepy. I just want help him... He's looking anorexic... I've even tried to force him to eat. He got upset with me. I don't know what to do...

March 17 - 2:00 AM

I saw Casey vomiting outside the house, the sounds were disgusting yet heartbreaking. I helped him, obviously. He's resting in my makeshift lab as I'm writing this... My poor Casey... Maybe there's something wrong with him internally...? What he contracted something or received so kind of parasite for a mutant we don't know about...? Maybe... I'm in denial that he's depressed and there's nothing I can do to help him... But only because he won't talk to me! Ugh! This is so frustrating and I want to just curl up in a ball and... Forget that...

...

Oh! He's waking up now. It's 2:45 AM. I'm going to check his vitals.

Log #34

April 8 - 5:17 AM

Donnie, it's Casey. You're asleep upstairs right now. As cute as ever, I might add. I wanted to write something to make you laugh or smile... I read your entries about me. I will admit that I am depressed. But it's not because of you, Don.

- Casey

Log #35

April 9 - 7:45 AM

So is this how you're going to communicate with me now?

- Donnie

9:03 AM

Yes. I'm sorry.

- Casey

11:16 AM

But why? What is going on with you..? Why can't you just talk to me..? Do you think I won't understand...? That'll I'll try to solve it with medication...? Because I won't...

- Donnie

3:54 PM

I'm having a bit of a detachment problem. It's not like I don't love you or the others, I just..  need space. Also, I don't think you're going to drug me up, Don. Never.

- Casey

5:08 PM

Detachment issues...? Since when? What's causing it..?

- Donnie

8:37 PM

Hello? Casey? Why haven't you been on my laptop yet...?

- Donnie

#Log 56

May 12 - 4:26 AM

So I did some research. I'm going through something known as an Existential Crisis...? Maybe there is something you can do, but I'm not aware of a solution, D.

- Casey

#Log 58

May 13 - 9:40 AM

I'll do some research on existential crisis, okay Casey...? I want to help you. Let me help you... Please...

- Donnie

Log #60

June 1 - 12:28 PM

Casey stopped writing for a while, which is understandable I guess. I'm just glad he started writing at all. I've done some research on existential crisis. It's when an individual begins to questions if their life has meaning, purpose and/or value. But why would Casey being going through one...? I thought he was happy... With us... With me... I know he said it wasn't me but I can't help but think it is. I'll let this go for now.

It was June 5, a night like every other night. But I didn't feel Casey's presence next to me. He'd gotten out of bed? To do what? I noticed a light beaming from the hallway. What is he up to? I quietly hop off the bed, opening the door. The light source was coming from the bathroom down the hall. "Oh no..! Is he vomiting again??" I quickly stumbled over to the bathroom door. I opened it to find Casey, sitting on the floor with his head buried in his knees. "Case-" I stopped in my sentence. I felt water on my foot. I though it was water. It was deep red liquid. Blood. My eyes widened. I became aware of the knife the seemed to have been tossed some distance from Casey. "Casey... What did you...?" He finally lifted his head, trying to hold back whatever emotion he was feeling. I noticed he was having difficulty looking me in my eyes. "I'm sorry..." Is all he said to me.

( I'm sorry to take such a sad/depressing turn, but it was the only way I felt I could've progressed the story. Don't worry, the little versions will return, just like I have. Lmao. ❤)