„I taste even better!"

You were fidgeting with the ring on your finger as you walked down the crowded streets of Seattle.
It's already past midnight but since it was Saturday the streets were still full of people.
Your music was blaring out of your headphones, shutting out the rushing sound of blood and the continuous heartbeats around you.
You kept your head down, ignoring the sight of their pumping veins.

You've been in Seattle for less than 12 hours but have been already turned into a vamp.
You were hunting them but apparently they caught on to you and surprised you in an alleyway.
Right now you were walking through alleyways and side streets to get away from people.
Hungry was an understatement. You'd literally kill for a burger right now.
In your state, for some blood.
Walking past the back entrance of a club, you heard the bouncer whistling and following you.

"Hey, sweetie! What are you doing here all alone?"

He grabbed your wrist and turned you around.
You barely heard him over the sound of his pulse.
You yanked your wrist out of his grip and stared walking again. Him close behind you.

"I was talking to you!"

You felt his hand on your shoulder but before he could turn you around again you pushed him into the wall, your elbow to his throat.
You felt the other set of teeth sliding down.

"Don't push me, sweetie! I am this short before ripping your throat out. With my teeth!"

You were breathing heavily, knowing that once you tasted human blood, there's no way back.
Suddenly the smell of fresh blood and whiskey forced you to take your eyes off the guy.
A couple feet away, another guy, holding a machete.

"I smell good, don't I? Come and get it, I taste even better!"

He had put a small cut on his arm and was waving it around. You watched the blood slowly dripping down his arm and on to the concrete floor.
You were starting to get dizzy, the rushing sound of his blood and the loud pounding of his heart. It was a little fast, so you knew he was a little nervous.

"Listen, I am not what you think I am!"
"You look like a vamp to me?"
"I'm a hunter, I'm here because... can you stop bleeding? I'm about to lose it over here! At least put your sleeve over it!"

You were panting and shutting your ears. It was getting too much.

"So you're here on a hunt but things went south and you got turned?"
"Exactly! I haven't eaten or drank anything so there's still a cure, right?"

He was eyeing you with a look of suspicion and confusion.
You saw the syringe sticking out of his pocket.

"I got some dead man's blood on me but there's this thing called self-preservation instinct which kinda stops me from pumping myself full with this!"
"Want me to do it?"
"I don't know if anyone should get closer than 5ft to me."
"You're not going to hurt me. I got some experience with things like you."

He smirked and pulled the syringe out. He was coming closer and you started fidgeting with your ring again.
The thumping got louder and louder with everyone of his steps.

"I'm not so sure if I can do this!"
"Too late!"

With one smooth move he turned your back towards him and pressed the syringe into your neck.
You immediately lost consciousness.
______________________________

Your eyes fluttered open and you could make out two figures in front of you.
Things got clearer around you and you recognized one of them. You also felt yourself tied to a chair in a shabby motel room.

"Hungry?"

You glared at him.

"Not funny!"