WELCOME HOME HUSBAND

TWO MONTHS LATER

The sound of my phone going off to the personalized ring tone Harry set up for me when I left my phone alone woke me up, nearly giving me a fucking heart attack.

Hey Angel, it's me daddy, answer the phone.

I rolled my eyes and picked up, checking the time in the process as I did so to see it was four twelve in the morning.

"What?" I groaned, still half asleep. For two weeks now, I had been sleeping alone in our bed. Sometimes I'd sleep with the kids and Amara and other times, I'd sleep on my own since Harry was away on a business trip. For the two months, he had been going on business trips quite often, leaving us for about two weeks, sometimes even a month.

"Did I wake you?" I heard him say, hearing shuffling on his end of the phone.

"It's fine." I lie. "How's Japan?" I ask, sleep evident in my raspy voice. His business trip this year was in Japan. I heard more shuffling on his end. "What are you doing?"

"Right now—" He says, the shuffling stopping before I heard it again. "I'm packing. I'm coming home."

"Already? But I thought you were staying for another week?" I say, sitting up, my heart jumping from excitement. I loved when he came home.

"Yeah, turns out the Seattle branch needs some remodeling and I have to be there in person." He says, and this time I hear a door close. "Also, I miss my family." He adds making me smile.

"Trust me, we miss you too. Amara has been saying 'dada' every time someone knocks on the door." I giggle making him chuckle.

"How's my son?"

"He's been calm about you not being here actually, he always wants to be around me." I laugh knowing he's probably feeling jealous.

"Sophie and Penelope? They must miss me, surely."

"They asked about you for the first few days, then they got over it and kept telling each other that you'll be back soon."

"Well they're just a bunch of little traitors, aren't they?" He jokes. "Anyway, I have a plane to catch. I'll be home in about—" He trails off, probably looking at his watch. "Ten hours."

"Okay," I say. "Fly safely, call me when you land. We'll be waiting for you."

"I love you."

"I love you more." I said before hanging up. I couldn't go back to sleep thanks to Harry, so I stood up and the first thing I did was make sure that the kids were each sleeping before taking a warm bath. As I relaxed, my phone dinged with a message from an unknown number which I did not recognize in the slightest but I slid it open anyway.

UNKNOWN:
enjoy it while it lasts

Confused at the text, I texted back.

ROSIE:
Who's this?

I waited a few minutes but they only read it and don't reply. I decided on leaving it alone, thinking it was someone who had the wrong number before getting out of the bathroom, a towel around my body as I sat on the bed, rubbing cream on my legs before changing into a pair of shorts and one of Harry's plain white shirts.

That was the best part of being married probably. To be able to wear his shirts without him having to say anything. Every time his clothes would be clean, he would put them in his drawer and spray them with his cologne. That way, they always smelled like him.