REN

"Nice of you to stop by." Renata says, holding a slight smirk. It had been a week since the shooting happened, it had also been a week since I got out of the hospital, and thanks to this woman, now I have a lot more on my plate.

Knowing how busy I am at work, now I have to attend therapy to make sure my muscles are completely healed. I look around the room, the big mirror in front of us as I took a seat on the silver cold chair.

"I hope you're here to get me out of this place." She looks around, a grimace on her face before turning to me.

"I wouldn't dream of it," I retort and place the Manila folder in front of her. "I'm here because I need your signature, stating that from now on, Rosalie will be the kids legal mother figure."

After I say this, Renata looks as though I've just told her a bad joke because she soon starts to laugh. "You're not actually asking me to sign my kids over to the help, are you?"

I give a small chuckle. "No." I say and she relaxes. "I'm demanding that you sign them over to my wife."

"You must be out of your god damn mind." She grits, her face showcasing rage.

"I'm afraid that's not your decision. I mean, really, all I need you for is this last tiny thing, then after that, you can live your life..." I look around the cold room. "As you were."

"I am not letting your nanny adopt my children, they don't need a new mother figure when I'm still here!" She slams her hand on the table.

"Renata, how much of a mother figure would you be, being in here? Wait, let me rephrase. How much of a mother figure were you at all?" I say and she only grows more angry. "I mean you leave your own children with their father who's business went bankrupt, because of you, you are out of their lives for almost a year, no calls while you whore around with other men, you come back when they finally have someone who cares for them, you put me in jail for a whole day, wrongfully so, you and your father try to get my wife and I killed, also I'm not even counting the years of domestic violence on your part, should I go mention that to the police?"

"Stop." Renata says, rubbing her temples before looking back up at me, tears in her eyes. "You can't do this to me, Harry. They're all I have."

"I can and I will." I shrug, opening the folder.

"I am their mother, not that Rosa girl—"

"Rosalie. And you know what I've learned from her? A mother is someone who loves you unconditionally, someone who will do whatever it takes to make sure you are happy, safe and loved. A mother is so much more than someone who births you. But I guess I've got to thank you for that too. You gave me wonderful children, and that is something I won't forget."

"Harry, please." She pleads but I place the pen in front of her. I knew this seemed like a cruel thing to do, but my children don't deserve to have this kind of a parent in their lives, if you can even call her a parent.

Rosie is the mother my kids deserve, she'll be there for them whenever the kids need her to be, she'll be there at night, morning and afternoon, they'll never have to worry about her leaving them, because they chose her and she chose them over anything.

"I'll place money in your account so you don't need to worry about that," I say. "Please just sign the papers so we can get over this once and for all." Without another word, she sighs sadly and looks down on the papers before her.

She takes one last glance at me before hesitantly signing the adoption papers. I didn't doubt for a second this wasn't hard on her, I also didn't doubt that she didn't love the kids, but I think she didn't love them enough to stay and be a mother.

She wasn't ready to be one in the first place, but they are still her kids, which is why I will not abandon her here with no funds. I was going to make sure she was well off in here, for the sole fact that she is the mother of my kids, but that's all she is to me.

She slides over the papers to me and wipes her tears away. "Please take care of them. I know I wasn't a good mother, or a good wife, but they are part of me." She says, her hands reaching for mine, for comfort I assume.

My free hand lands on hers and I rub circles on the back of it. "Take care, Ren." I say, calling her by the nickname I always used to when we started dating.

With one last look, I leave the cold room.

im sorry for the short update, life is getting in the way :c