ARGUMENT

The next morning, I woke up with Harry in bed. He was shirtless and was cuddling a pillow in-between his legs and his now growing curls cascaded messily over his face. As I
sat up, I remembered last night.

The man in the SUV, the text...how was he and how did he know where we live? Most importantly, what the hell does he want?

Does Harry owe him something?

My mind then started going back to Zayn. Maybe he has something to do with this? Then again, he already did steal two million worth of investments out of Harry's company, why would he do any of this?

Who could it be? I thought about any possible threats to me or Harry but I just couldn't think of any. I gently shake Harry awake, he groans at first but he flips onto his back and stretches out his limbs before opening his eyes.

"Good morning," he rasps out, giving me a soft smile but when he notices my look of uncertainty, he furrows his eyebrows. "What's going on?"

I look down to my hands. "I don't feel safe here." I say making him sit up and rub his eyes from the sleep.

"Why?" He asks, putting some of my loose hair behind my ear. "You know I'd never let anything happen to you or the kids."

"How can you say that?" I say. "I called you about ten times last night and you didn't answer once." He's taken aback by my outburst and watched as I walk towards the bathroom to wash my face. After I dry my face, I notice Harry by the doorway.

"I mean, I was kind of in a place where I couldn't hear my phone."

"Yeah, meanwhile some guy in an SUV followed me into the neighborhood last night and has been sending me multiple weird texts." I say, grabbing my phone and showing him.

Harry looks over them with furrowed eyebrows. "What were you doing out last night?" Harry says making me look away. "It was late."

"I...I needed to go to the corner store for some milk." I lie and Harry nods. Great, now I feel guilty once again.

"Well, did you see the guys face? What did he look like?"

"No I didn't see his face. Do you maybe happen to owe something to someone? I mean, I'm not saying this is because of you, but you've never told me what you're the CEO of, maybe you might've angered some people—"

"Hey," he says cutting me out, furrowing his eyebrows at me whilst looking as if I was accusing him of something. "Do you think this is my fault?"

I take a step back, feeling overwhelmed by his intense stare. "No, Harry." I exasperate. "I know you always tell me not to worry when it comes to your job, but when I feel like our lives are being threatened—"

"Rosie, I don't tell you about my job because that's mine to worry about. I don't want to have to come home from work and tell you about what's going on, I want to get away from that and relax in the comfort of my own home," he says. "I would never do something to endanger the lives of you or our kids, the thought alone of you thinking that is beyond belief to me."

"Well," I drop my arms helplessly at my side. "What do we do now? Are you sure you don't have a slightest clue on who it could be?"

"No, Rosalie." Harry grits, giving an annoyed glare before he looks away with uncertainty in his features. "You don't feel safe in our home, I'll buy another house somewhere gated without hesitation, I'll hire security guards and everything if that makes you feel safer."

I shake my head. "I don't need them to see that they've scared me off. I'll protect my kids with everything I have." I say and he runs a hand through his hair.

"Well then what do you want to do?" He asks. "We can file a police report but you know without evidence they really can't do much."

"I just need you to answer your damn phone next time I call you more than once." I say, pulling my hair up in a ponytail.

"I was with friends, Rosie and you know that." He retorts, holding that same annoyed look on his face.

"So what if something would've actually happened to us last night? You wouldn't know because you were out for drinks with your friends and your secretary!" I say growing annoyed.

"I'm not responsible for the acts of some delinquents!" He raises his voice, taking me aback. "Am I not allowed to have freedom outside our marriage? I mean, fuck. I have friends Rosalie." He argues making me glare at him.

"For fucks sake, I never said that!" I say, my anger matching his. "It's fine, go out, have some drinks. But keep in mind, you have a family back home, and if you don't answer your phone even though it keeps ringing, something must be going on."

"Look," he says, holding the bridge of his nose. "I really don't want to fight you. You want me to answer my phone? Fine, but I'm not going to stay home dealing with your fucking mood swings when I can go out and have a drink once in a while. God forbid I do that." He mocks. "Happy?"

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Absolutely nothing, you're the one with the problem here, Rosalie, not me."

"You know what? Fine. Go out, go have fun. Go act like a fucking teenager while I'm back home fearing for our kids lives and mine. It's not everyday you go out, but fuck me right? I do the same thing, every single fucking day. Yeah, I want a break from this once in a while, but do I bitch about it? No. Because I know my family comes first, and if you don't get that—"

"Don't make me out to be someone who doesn't know how to take care of my family." He glares.

"I don't have to, Harry." I say looking him up and down, rolling my eyes and walking past him to go check up on the kids but I am stopped by Harry's hand grabbing my forearm.

"Don't roll your eyes at me." His stare is menacing but with a quick snatch on my part, I break free from his grasp and walk away, leaving him alone in the room.

Asshole.