CREPES/PANCAKES

"Harry?" I shout, my voice echoing throughout the room. It was dark, damn and cold. I looked around for signs of him and the kids but I found none.

I must've ran up and down the stairs at least five times with no luck before I hear muffled groaning of pain. My feet lead me down the never ending long hallway, flickering lights causing the hairs on my arms to rise.

I reach a basement, it was suddenly silent I could hear the beating of my heart. "Harry?" I say shakily, looking around the dark room.

Soon, a light turns on and under it is Harry, strapped to a chair with tape all over his mouth. "Look what the cat dragged in." A deep man voice says, almost startling me. I wanted to run to Harry, to protect him from this man but I couldn't move, I simply stayed with my feet glued to the ground.

The figure was faceless, but I recognized the voice. "Why are you doing this?" I cry. Harry was breathing heavily, blood was trickling down the side of his face. "Stop it!"

"Till death do you part." The man says, a gun pointed at Harry's temple making Harry look to me with a solemn look on his face, and before I am able to react, the gun goes off.

"No!" I shout, my body jolting out of the bed, sweat dripped down my back as I did so. The room was dark before I felt the bed move beside me and then the room lit up.

"Hey, hey, are you okay?" Harry says sitting up with me, a worried expression on his face as he pushed hair away from my clammy face.

Without much explanation, I felt weight be lifted off my shoulders as I realized it was only a nightmare and he was still here. I quickly straddled him, jumping on his thighs as my arms wrapped around his neck and my head rested upon his broad shoulder.

I felt weak, I never had a dream like that, not even my nightmares were that bad. My tears were now falling down my face onto his shoulder but he didn't seem to mind as he caressed my back and continually kissed my cheek.

"It's okay," He said in between kisses. "It was just a bad dream."

"It felt so real," I cried horribly, my body jolting with every breath I took as I choked on my sobs. I was on the verge of having a panic attack and I didn't want him to see me this way.

Unfortunately it was to late as my body began to shake and more tears spilled, making it harder for me to breathe. "Hey, hey—" he wraps an arm around my waist and sits up against the headboard. "I'm here, you don't need to be afraid. It was just a nightmare." His free hand caresses my hair.

I couldn't tell him what it was I dreamt about, I'm sure the person who shot him dead was Silas, his deep voice was recognizable and I knew this all meant I had to make a decision.

I know Zayn told me not to go, but I couldn't do that, it was simply not an option. I wish I could tell Harry, but it wouldn't make anything easier. We couldn't go to the police unless we had physical proof, and since Zayn was the one who told me about it, I'd be putting him and his family at risk as well as mine.

"I'm not going anywhere, okay? I would never let anyone hurt you or our kids, whatever you dreamt, it was nothing but a nightmare, nightmares aren't real." He says, comforting me in the slightest. "I love you so much, please get some sleep."

I don't doubt him for a second. He would go through extreme measures to keep us safe and sound, but he also needed someone to keep him safe, regardless what he says.

But whatever it takes, I'd do it.

ONE WEEK LATER

I woke up the next morning, my head pounding and the immense feeling of wanting to just lay in bed and die. Only, when I woke up it wasn't so much of a morning and more of two thirty in the afternoon.

I quickly shot out of bed, but regretting the decision as my vision blurred and I felt daggers shooting at me, causing me to fall back on the bed.

I had been having the same reoccurring nightmare about Silas hurting Harry, and hearing his antagonizing screams of pain that every morning, I'd wake up with a migraine.

I was dressed in nothing but my underwear and Harry's white tee which smelled like him. Once I had recollected myself, I quickly put some shorts on and went downstairs, noticing nobody was home but nonetheless, there was a plate of crepes on the countertop with a note next to it.

My dearest wife,

By the time you are reading this, depending whatever time you awake, I would be at your grandmother's, dropping the kids off. You're probably suffering another migraine, but I have set the pills and some water in reach for you. Please do help yourself to the crepes and coffee I've made with the help of Penelope and Sophia. Never mind the pieces of eggshells in them.

All the love in the world,
Your husband, H.

I smile, rolling my eyes at the quirky note. He could've left me a text, but I wasn't going to complain. After taking two pills, I heat up the coffee and some pancakes which Harry called crepes. I spent the past hour scrolling through my phone and eating before the door is being opened by Harry.

When he sees me, his smile grows, showcasing his dimples that I loved. "Good afternoon," he says, setting down his car keys on the counter. "I reckon you just woke up?"

I nod. "Why didn't you wake me?" I ask. "You know I hate oversleeping."

"Considering you had quite a night, I figured I'd let you sleep." He says, making me remember the nightmare vividly. "How are you feeling now?" Harry asks with concern laced in his voice.

"Like I want to stab myself." I groan, rubbing my eyes with my hands. "I read your note."

Harry nods, a smug smile on his lips. "As expected." He retorts. "Notes are meant to be read. The girls hoped you liked the crepes."

"They're pancakes."

"Do you have to correct everything I say?" Harry asks with the raise of an eyebrow. "We have the rest of the day to ourselves before the corporate event tomorrow, why don't we go relax?" He held a devious smirk and I knew what he meant.

Harry and I must've been so tired, having the house to ourselves and being in complete silence was enough to send us to the couch, knocking out immediately as our heads hit the cushions.

literally me knocking out while writing this chapter cause it's
4 am and i am tired, good night <3