LOVE YOU RIGHT

A week has passed since the night I came home and overheard Harry tell his coworker Niall that I was clingy. It honestly shouldn't be this big of a deal, we should've been able to talk it out and solve it.

But it didn't help that he's been working so much lately and coming home late from work, also the fact that he decided to tell this to someone who's a stranger to me and didn't come to me first about how he was feeling.

I tried to stay up late this past week to catch him and we could talk, but as soon as the clock would hit one in the morning, I'd fall asleep in bed. The foods I had left for him in the microwave had been going uneaten and I had to throw them away, he was obviously eating out.

During the day I would keep myself distracted by taking the kids to the park after school, helping them with their homework and then coming home afterwards.

Harry and I would text to see how we were doing, but they were usually always short replies. It was currently Friday night, the kids had gone off to bed and I was finishing up brushing my teeth before I heard the bedroom door close making me look out into the room.

Harry sat at the side of the bed, hunched over with his head in his hands and I watched his back muscles tighten as he tried to stay awake. He hears me turn off the bathroom light because he turns around to see me, offering me a small tired smile.

"Hey, you." He says and I look down as I reach my side of the bed. "Haven't talked with you in a while." As I'm getting under the covers and he turns, I notice overgrown stubble on his face and slight bags under his eyes, his hair was messy.

"Yeah," I sigh, pressing my back against the headboard. "What's been going on with you?"

"It's been horrible." He groans, laying his head down on my thighs while he faces up and tiredly looks at me. "Debora my assistant that has been with me for years had to go on maternity leave, work has been all over the place, some shipment that we needed was lost in transaction and we've been working everyday nonstop to fix it."

As he says this, I nod, listening to every word he has said. I'm not mad at him, I'm just annoyed and I could tell he senses that because he props himself up by he elbow. "I'm sorry I haven't been around for a whole week."

"It's fine, it's work."

Harry is taken aback by my cold answer. "Is there something wrong? Have I upset you?" He stutters. "Please, talk to me...why are you being so distant?" His paranoia breaks my heart.

It was as if all the bottled up anger and annoyance in me suddenly deteriorated. He was so messed up from his last marriage that I didn't want him to think I was getting ready to leave him too. He always blamed himself for working so much, and why it was half the reason his marriage didn't work out.

"I'm not clingy." I say, watching as his face showed confusion before it fell, probably realizing that I heard him that night.

A look of guilt overcomes his face, probably feeling guilty that he called me that. "Rosie, I—" he says, struggling how to find the right words.

"I'm sorry if you ever felt that you had no choice in the plans that I've made in the past," I start. "But you could've just told me you wanted some time to yourself. There was no need for you to tell this to someone outside our marriage, someone I don't even know. That is backstabbing, Harry. I never in my life of being with you expected something like this from you."

Harry looks down, his jaw clenching and unclenching. "I know, I fucked up."

"You know me, and you most definitely know that I don't need you. I'm not dependent on anyone, especially not you, I can do anything on my own," I continue. "But please. Next time you have a problem with me, make sure I'm the first to know about it."

As I finish, Harry looks into my eyes with sorrow and regret in them, his hand holding mine in place. "You have no idea how sorry I am, I know I should've came to you first. I said that in the moment of drinks and being in the spotlight, I panicked. You're not clingy, but when you are, I swear I love it. I didn't mean for it to come off like it did," he apologizes and kisses my knuckles. "I promise that from now on, I will come to you first for anything."

He says, still holding my hand in his and his eyes never leaving mine. "I missed you." I mumble after a while as Harry wraps me in his arms.

I feel him press a warm kiss to my forehead. "I'll make it up to you, I promise." He spurs before I feel his weight be pressed into me fully, and by the sounds of snoring I am aware he fell asleep.

I quietly remove his work clothes before I struggle to position him on his side of the bed. Once I've succeeded, I press my back onto him but he groans and turns me around.

"Please don't give your back to me," he mumbles. "It makes me feel like you're mad at me." I give him a soft smile before pressing my lips to his in a quick kiss.

How can I ever stay mad at him.

—