DOUBT

Today, Harry has been working from home and had been in his office all day, not once coming out to eat because of how busy he was

Today, Harry has been working from home and had been in his office all day, not once coming out to eat because of how busy he was. His phone however, kept going off upstairs every three minutes. The annoying ringing noise kept coming from the bedroom and when I reach it, it stops.

When I checked the caller ID, it was an unknown woman's name; Lilian.

With furrowed brows, I go downstairs to Harry's office, only to see him nodding at the computer screen, signifying he was having an online meeting. He catches glimpse of me and cocks an eyebrow to which I put up the phone.

"Gerald, I'll give you a call back." Harry says, hanging up the video call. He looks up to me while stretching his arms. "Yes, Rosie?"

"You left your work phone upstairs," I say, handing him the phone. I watch as he looks at it before putting it face down on the desk.

"I was wondering where it went." he says, looking up at me. I knew I probably shouldn't be getting thoughts inside my head about Harry ever possibly cheating. I mean, Harry was...lets face it, my husband is a sight for sore eyes, without a doubt.

I knew women in his office were attracted to him, I mean from the times I've been there, I always catch them sneaking glances his way, and I couldn't blame him, he's my husband after all. But that doesn't mean I have to be okay with it.

I bite the inside of my cheek before mustering up a sentence. "Who's Lilian?" I ask making Harry furrow his eyebrows. "The person who kept calling."

"My new assistant, Lilian?" he says almost in question, as if that was something I already knew. "Remember my old assistant Debora went off on maternity leave? They found me a new assistant two days ago, she's been a real life saver."

I nod. "I don't mean to sound weird, but, how come you didn't ask me?"

Harry looks around confused. "You?" I nod. "You need to be qualified, babe. Also, I can't have you working under me, it's frowned upon. Also, the kids?"

"How hard can an assistant job be? You take calls, set up appointments, cancel things, make reservations." I ramble and watch as Harry bites the inside of his cheek.

"An assistant is much more than that," he says, sitting down on his desk. "I could be a real pain in the ass as a boss, trust me." he winks at me making the weight to be lifted off my shoulders a bit. His hands go to my waist as he pulls me in-between his legs. "Do you trust me?" Harry asks, rubbing my shoulders and placing a single kiss on my chest.

"Of course I do." I reply. I had my arms crossed in front of me but he removes them and places them around his neck. He hums against my skin and continues to pepper kisses on my chest.

"Good," he says. "We made vows to each other, those actually mean something to me." As soon as he places a chaste kiss to my lips, his phone rings making him groan.

CEO's Wife [h.s] AUOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara