BUSINESS TRIP

Noise coming from downstairs made me sit up immediately to see Harry's side of the bed was now empty. I figured I wasn't going to be able to go back to bed, and considering it's almost six in the morning, I decide on getting up.

I follow the noise into the bathroom to see Harry shirtless in his work slacks, a bottle of pills next to him and when I lean on the doorframe, he turns to me. "Shit, did I wake you?" He rasps out.

"It's fine," I say. "I have to wake the girls up for school in a few minutes anyway." Harry then reaches for my hand, bringing me inside the bathroom with him and sitting me on the counter.

"Listen, I'm sorry about what happened with the whole ring thing, it was stupid and I should've told you." Harry apologizes, drawing circles with his fingers on my bare thighs. "I love you, and I'd be a damn fool if I ever betray you in that way."

"I know," I say, leaning into his hand. "I trust you, I really do. I think I'm just paranoid about everything going on, I'm sorry." I sigh and Harry shakes his head.

"You have no reason to be sorry, babe. I would never let anything happen to my family." It gets quiet for a while before his phone rings making us both jump. Harry moves away and silences his phone before turning on the sink to wash his face.

"I know we just made up, and I don't mean to make things worse or make you angry, but I asked Gemma about your job." As I say this, he looks up at me.

"Why?"

"I'm sorry, I just had to know."

"But why, Rosie? Why can't you just have enough with what you already know?" He exasperates.

"Because it's kind of annoying to feel completely useless when someone is trying to harm us." I say in a calm tone. "I know everything, I think."

Harry sighs and runs a hand through his tousled curls. "You have nothing to worry about, as far as my job goes." As he says this, my eyes scan his tattooed torso, a scar on his stomach that was covered by a fern tattoo catches my eye and I reach out to it, causing him to jump.

"Who did this to you?" I ask. It didn't look like a childhood scar, it looked as if something had pierced his skin and left a big reminder that he felt he needed to cover up.

Harry sighs into my touch and looks up at me. "I'm fine." He says in a way in which I should let it go but when I give him an annoyed look, he rolls his eyes. "I take it Liam told you about Renata's father and our business together."

"No..not Liam." I lie.

"Well," he begins. "Renata's father was involved in some shady business. If I had known, I obviously wouldn't have worked with him, let alone marry his mess of a daughter. Anyway, he was smuggling shit without my knowledge and when I found out and cut ties, he got angry and sent men to possibly wipe me out but they only got to stab me."

"Do you think he's back to do more harm?" I ask, biting the inside of my cheek.

"They tried to put me out of business by stealing millions but I only went broke for a while. Now, my enterprise has doubled it's worth and is as big as it's ever been, when a company is that big, others find that as a threat."

I nod and watch as he tucks in his white dress shirt. "Why are you up so early?"

"I've got a plane to catch, I have a business meeting in New York." I watch as he adds a light layer of mousse to tame his curls.

"Or maybe you can come back to bed?" I suggest, though I'm sure it's no use.

Harry smiles, showing off his dimples. "As tempting as that sounds, I'm meeting with some new investors." He leans in close, pecking my lips, his stubble making me scrunch my nose.

"You need to shave."

"But I thought you liked it." He winks making me roll my eyes and grab his razor. He hums whilst running a hand through his stubble.

"As much as I do, business men who want to be seen as professional have to shave." I point out.

"Yes ma'am." Harry says, lathering his face with his shaving cream before carefully going over his skin with the razor, washing it away and repeating.

After he adds his after shave, he finishes off getting dressed before he brushes his teeth. I help him with anything he might've missed before walking him to the door. There was a white Mercedes just outside, and when they rolled the windows down, it was none other than Lilian.

I turned to him. "She's just an assistant." Harry says, putting hair behind my ear. "I love you." He looks me in the eyes before planting a kiss to my lips. "I already miss you."

"Please call me if anything comes up, and let me know when you land so I know you're safe." I rambled on and Harry chuckles.

"I'll only be gone for the day, I'll be back by morning, I promise." Without a word else, I wrap my arms around his waist, slightly taking him aback. I hated when he had to go on business meetings, but thankfully he would only be a few hours away and would be back the next day.

"I love you." I say and with one last kiss, he's walking off to Lilians car. Once out of sight, I look around, feeling that same paranoia of being watched.

I locked the door before going inside the girls room to wake them up and get them ready for school.