GOING TO BED ANGRY

Today was the day a few of my friends from college decided on going out to dinner to catch up with one another, and despite my excuses on why I couldn't go, they demanded I went.

And so that's where I've been for the past three hours. We were currently at Gracie's house, the smartest out of all our friends. Her house was huge, she was married and had about three Pomeranians which Amara and Eric were highly entertained by.

I would've brought the girls along as well if it wasn't for them wanting to stay behind with Harry. He had recently gotten them a brand new toy kitchen and they were obsessed with it.

"I just can't believe you were the first out of all of us to have a child first, I mean." Marie says, raising her eyebrows in a taunting manner.

She was always kind of the bitch of the group and they really didn't like her as much because of her immaturity. I ignore her gesture and give her a smile. "Well," I say. "I'm twenty-six, my life is going pretty great."

"Oh yeah, the CEO husband." Gracie winks at me cheekily. "How'd you manage that?"

"I used to work for him at first." I say keeping it short. Harry and I had been texting since I arrived here, but I'm just now realizing that he didn't reply to my text that I sent about an hour ago.

When I look to the clock, it was almost half past ten. "Damn," I interrupt their conversation. "I have to go, it's late and the kids should've been asleep two hours ago."

Despite their whines and comments about me not leaving, I finally bid my goodbyes and drove home, the car ride immediately putting Eric and Amara to sleep.

The drive back home was exhausting, I was so used to sleeping early and it was way past my bedtime as well. I missed the girls and Harry, I just wanted to lay in bed with him and cuddle until I fell asleep.

As I'm about to enter the driveway, I noticed a strange grey car parked right behind Harry's making my eyebrows furrow.

How could be here so late?

I use the stroller to bring the sleeping kids in quietly enough to not make noise. The whole house was dark except for the kitchen light making me go towards it and before I could open the door, I hear voices.

"So how's it feel to be married twice?" I felt relief wash over me as the voice belonged to a male, a strong accent to it. "Like, do you sometimes feel that it can go wrong?"

I hear a glass be put down on the table. "I mean that's always a concern." Harry responds with a chuckle making the man laugh.

"And how's she like? You tired of it yet?"

There's a pause and a chair scrapes lightly. "No," he answers. "I guess my only real complaint is sometimes she can be a bit...clingy, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's just—I'm not used to it. I mean you know what happened with Renata, it was never like this. But I guess it's normal, I mean sometimes I really like it, and then other times I just treasure my space a bit more than usual."

I bite my cheek and don't even bother to go inside. Whoever that person was, he was being very intrusive, and as for Harry, how dare he say that? He's never brought it up to me, so you can imagine how baffling it is to hear him tell that to someone outside our marriage.

I had absolutely no idea that that's how he felt, I actually thought that every time I requested to do something he was up for it, and was happy during the time we would spend together.

When we first were dating, he had made it clear to me that anything I needed or had problems with that I could always come to him for comfort. He had assured me many times before that he had time for whatever.

Communication was supposed to be key in the relationship after all. And now, I couldn't help but feel betrayed.

Personally, I don't think I was clingy. If anything, I'm more independent and I love it that way, Harry will be the one who will text me most of the time to ask where I was, and if he was at work he'd ask to take me out to lunch.

I made my way upstairs with the kids, they were showered from earlier so all I had to do was have the girls and Eric brush their teeth and put them to bed along with Amara.

I take my makeup off, have a quick shower before I get into bed and hear the laughter and conversation die down downstairs. I had been trying to distract myself with my phone before I hear footsteps walking upstairs at around eleven thirty.

When the light comes on in the room, Harry looks to me, almost taken aback to see me there. "Oh," he says. "When did you get back?" Harry asks as he removes his button up shirt.

"Not long ago." I mumble curtly, not looking to him as my gaze remained on the movie I was currently watching on my phone. I saw him frown from the corner of my eye, probably expecting for me to speak some more but when I don't, he looks down onto his hands and sits on the bed.

"Did something go wrong while you were out?" He asks, with worry in his tone.

"No," I say. "I just want to get to bed." At this, Harry nods and removes his pants before getting under the blanket.

"By the way, that was Niall, a coworker. He was working in the London branch with Louis but I needed another worker here and he offered." He explains and I nod as I connect my phone to my charger.

"That's fine."

"Babe, what's the matter?" Harry asks, catching up to me having a mood. I knew if I wanted to resolve this problem, I had to tell him about it, but after he told his Niall friend that I was clingy, I kind of had no motivation to confront him about it.

Maybe it was my hormones, but I was really hurt by his comment. "Nothing," I sigh. "I'm just going to bed." I say as I flip on my side, ending the conversation short.

After a while of silence, Harry shuts off the lights before I feel him place his arm over my waist, but when he feels me stiff up, he removes it.

I hear him sigh and flip on his back before there's more movement on his end and then he eventually falls asleep. Not once when we were dating had we dealt with something like this.

Yes we had our fights, but we always fought through them and never went to bed angry, not once, let alone with our backs to each other.

Maybe I was just so emotional and overwhelmed with everything going on, but as I said him saying I was clingy to someone I've never met before was a real low blow.

But if he wanted to see who the real clingy one was, then so be it.