THEY'RE NOT DONE YET

"Harry, I have no idea what I'm supposed to wear," I say into the phone. "What does one wear to a corporate event?" I knew it was a business party, I was obviously going to wear a dress, but should it be fancy? Formal? Beach wise?

"Rosie, you're asking the wrong person for fashion advice," Harry says. He was back home with the kids while I came shopping with my friends Gracie and Sarah. "Just keep in mind, it's business related, and on a yacht. That should be enough advice."

"You are useless."

"I love you too, babe." Harry remarks, I could hear his smirk over the phone. I figured I was going to be here a while, so I decided to let Harry go, he seemed preoccupied with the kids anyway. As the girls and I moved onto the next store with beautiful dresses that seemed way too expensive. Harry did tell me to ''go nuts'' but I was obviously not going to do any of that.

"How's daddy?" Gracie says to me making my gaze meet hers. She held a smirk.

"Daddy?" I furrow my eyebrows as I look at a pink dress with ruffles.

"That's what I said." Gracie says, a playful smile on her lips. "Don't tell me you don't have any nicknames for each other?"

"Anyway," I say, changing the subject. Gracie enjoyed sex talks but I wasn't about to talk to her about my intimacy. "What do you think of this one?" I hold up a white dress with fringe and Sarah scrunches her face.

"Absolutely not." I give it one last look before putting it back, it wasn't so appealing to me either.

"You know, now that I remember, we haven't met him yet." Gracie says, adding items onto her basket. "How about I host a dinner at my house and you bring him by, next week?"

"I'm shopping for next week, Gracie. We have that corporate event I told you about." I point out and she hums.

"Our old sorority is hosting a party on Friday night, Marie said we could go." Sarah interjects and Gracie gives her a look of disapproval.

"Some of us are married women, Sarah. Marie might try to sleep with our husbands."

"I'm just saying it might be fun, besides you and Rosie could use a break." The idea of a party didn't sound so bad, but the fact that it would be a sorority party was the bad part. It seemed childish, and I was only ever in a sorority because my mom attended it when she was younger and my grandparents decided it would be a good idea if I did it too.

Just thinking back on those times made my cheeks burn. Party every other night, hot guys, alcohol, drugs. "What do you say, Ro?" Gracie asks, she seems to have caved. If I say no, they will not shut up about it and will do anything to persuade me to go.

"Sure, we'll see." I shrug and move on to another rack of clothes. For obvious reasons, I wasn't going to go to it. I look for a few more seconds until my eyes land on a red sequenced dress, the color really standing out from the rest of the dresses making me almost drool.

I got it off the hook and immediately tried it on in the dressing rooms, and when it fits, I buy it.

_

As I bid my goodbye's to the girls, I make my way to the parking lot, balancing the bags in my hands while rummaging for my keys in my purse. When I find them, I look up to see none other than Zayn leaned against my car, a cigarette between his lips.

"Rosie, hi." He says smugly, almost as if we're old friends who haven't seen each other in a while. I look from him to my car, wondering if I'd be fast enough to get to it but he raises his hands up in surrender. "I'm not here to harm you, promise."

"What do you want?" I say, keeping my distance. Zayn looks around before moving out of the way to my door.

"Can we talk inside?"

"We have nothing to talk about." I say and walk towards my door and get in but before I am able to close it, Zayn stops me.

"Trust me, we do. I know about what happened. And I just want to tell you, they're not done yet." He stares at me and I stare back at him before I give in and allow him to get in my car on the passengers side.

"Talk." I say, wanting to get this over with. "Wait, first of all, have you been the one sending me those cryptic messages?"

"Nope, not me." he says, taking out a pack of cigarettes. "Mind if I smoke? You're not still pregnant are you?"

"Yes I mind, and how did you know-"

"Hence, why I'm here." he says and puts the box away. "First of all, I want you to tell Harry that I'm sorry I stole the money. It wasn't for my benefit and I wish I could say that to him. I'm sure you know by now what happened with Harry and Renata's father, right?"

I nod. "Yeah."

"Well, I used to work at his London branch. Then I moved to America and transferred to the Seattle branch when Harry was making business with Salvatore. Everything was going great, obviously Salvatore was trying to recruit more people to work for him and he came to me. Long story short, when Salvatore was arrested, Silas took over for him and had me steal that money from Harry, so just know it wasn't by choice."

"Why did you do it?" I ask, staring at him. I watch him lick his lips to wet them.

"Because these are mafia men. My wife was pregnant and I was told that if I didn't follow whatever it was they wanted, they would kill her. I admit I was an asshole for doing that, but I knew Harry's company would only double the amount I stole in no less than a week."

"So were you in on the whole kidnapping thing then?" I ask him and he shakes his head.

"I knew it was happening, I was the one who called the police. I knew exactly what it was they were trying to do and I couldn't stand back and do nothing."

"So aren't you scared that they'll find out you're here telling me this?"

"I am not scared, Rosalie." He retorts. "I just don't want anything happening to my wife or my kid. Back to I'm here for, that corporate party next week? I'm going to need you not to go."

At this, my face scrunches in confusion. "Why, are they going to plant a bomb or something?"

"No," he says. "Silas is expecting for me to get you so you can steal money from Harry. As I'm sure you know, Silas is only angry because he didn't get a company for himself. So he's got this petty shit going for him."

"What does he want with me?" I say. "I mean, if he only wants the money."

"Silas started a company of his own. Obviously with Harry's success, there's no room for other companies to thrive. He's going to use you to lure Harry in. He wants to force him to back down from the position and sign over all his business over to him. If he refuses," Zayn sighs. "He will kill you."

_

bet y'all love me now for making zayn a good guy, eh?