TAKEN

The feeling of uneasiness made me drive to my grandmothers house where the kids and I would be spending the night until Harry came home from New York.

Rushing made me forget about my phone back home, so I had left the kids at my grandmothers in order to go pick it up, and some other things that might be important.

I had a gut feeling that there was something wrong. Maybe Harry's plane didn't make it to New York, but there would be no way of knowing that until I get my phone back. All the way home, I was wishing that wasn't true and that I had endless amounts of texts from him.

When I arrived home, I retrieve my phone from it's charging place in the bedroom, relieved when I saw that Harry's last text message was about an hour ago. I quickly look around, hoping there's nothing important that I should take with me in case someone decides to come in the house.

I go downstairs to Harry's office to see it clean, surprisingly and look through the drawers, when I reach the bottom one however, there's a white cloth with something hidden in it. My hand goes to it, pulling the cloth away to reveal a handheld gun making me gasp and pull away.

A gun?

Why would Harry need a gun? Harsh knocking startled me, making me quickly shove the drawer closed before I slowly walk towards the front door, watching two men look around from the peephole.

Without hesitation, I make my way towards the kitchen, trying to find a place to hide, but the only option I had was the pantry so I do just that. I heard shoving at the door until it eventually swung open making my back hit the wall, causing a few things to fall off the selves.

"Search upstairs." I hear one of them say before footsteps cease towards the staircase. I quickly get my phone out and speed dial the police and before I am able to speak, footsteps join me in the kitchen though I leave the phone on the call.

When I hear no more noise, I slightly open the door just enough to see the man looking inside the dining room. With him distracted and the other one upstairs, I have the chance to run out through the front door.

With no hesitation, I quickly stand up and make a run for it, swinging the kitchen door open making me see the one upstairs was already coming down, and right as I was about to make it to the door, the man grabs at my waist and slings my over his shoulder.

"Let me go!" I shout, jabbing my elbows into his back as well as my knees and biting him wherever I could. This caused the man to groan and throw me harshly onto the couch making it slide back a bit.

The other man comes back with rope in his hands a wicked smirk on his lips as he ties it on my hands before moving down to my ankles, despite my efforts to get away.

"Where are the children?" One of them shouts, getting close to my face which made me spit at him. "You know what? We're not getting paid enough. Let's just take this bitch and go." He says angrily, ripping a piece of tape and slapping it on my mouth.

After this, he grabs me again in the same position and leads me out of the door. Judging as it was the middle of the day, everyone was at work so nobody was able to see me get carried away, tied up by two men and thrown into the trunk of a car.

As they sped off, my head hit the walls of the inside of the trunk, groaning in pain all the while unable to speak or see. After what felt like hours, the car came to a screeching halt, causing my mind to panic immediately as they opened up the trunk.

They put me over their shoulder once again, my eyes watering over the fear and the harsh sunlight. I frantically looked around, hoping that someone would be around and evidentially notice me, but as we neared what appeared to be a huge metal warehouse, I knew the chances of that were low.

At least the kids are safe with my grandmother.

"It appears dessert has just arrived." A thick raspy voice says, very unfamiliar to me. The man placed me on a chair and when he moves out of the way, in front of me in the same position was Harry, his left eye slightly bruised with a bleeding eyebrow.

I could tell he wanted to speak to me, but his mouth was covered with tape as mine was. His white dress shirt was dirty and bloody as well as ripped. He was missing his shoes and his hair was disheveled. Seeing him this way made me ache.

"Now, this is a family reunion. Of course, we are missing the little shits, but other than that, it's beautiful." The person laughs, coming into view to allow me to see a middle aged man in a dark suit.

I scrunch my eyebrows. This man could only be Salvatore, Renata's father which speaking of, she was now standing beside Harry as well as Lilian.

Renata watches me to which she smirks and leans down to Harry, kissing his taped lips making him snatch his face away. The man goes over to Harry and harshly removes the tape making him groan in pain.

I notice his bottom lip was busted and bleeding. "Let go of her, she has nothing to do with this!" Harry grits, glaring at the man.

He sighs and walks over to me. "You know, I would." He says, putting hair behind my ear before his hand caresses my cheek, making me move away from the unwanted touch. "But where's the fun in that?"

"Don't worry," Renata speaks up. "We're just going to torture her for fun."

"I swear, if anyone lays a finger on her."

"You'll what?" Renata pouts mockingly. "Don't get so worked up about it, Harry. You'll just find yourself some other whore because God forbid you're alone."

I glare at Renata who only shrugs with a smile. "I will kill you with my own hands the moment I get the chance!" Harry growls with a dark demonic look on his face that even made a chill run down my spine.

"You're in no state of making threats, son." The man clicks his tongue disapprovingly. "We could've still been making great business together, as a family."

"Claim your price!" Harry shouts. "My wife or my family have nothing to do with this. Just tell me what you want!" I watch Harry's hands fumble behind him.

"My price is that someone has to die," The man says, walking over to me and ripping the tape from my lips. "It's up to you wether it's your wife or you."

As the man had his back towards Harry, a scream makes him turn around so we're able to see Harry with Renata pressed to his chest and a gun to her temple. "Let her go or your daughter dies."

"Don't be stupid, Harry. If you do this, I will make sure you don't have anymore daughters."

My heart was pounding almost to the point where I thought it might actually explode. At the man's comment, tears leave my eyes. "Harry, please!" I say.

"I said let my wife go!" Harry shouts, standing his ground. Renata struggles to get Harry's arm off from her neck. The man motions for the two men to remove the rope from me and once I'm free, Harry lets go of Renata.

"I never understood how you could just leave my daughter," The man says as Harry now held the gun to him. "She gave you children, and this is how you repay her?"

"It's not my fault your daughter's a whore." Harry remarks. At this, Renata grabs the gun from the man and comes to me, holding my hair harshly.

"Don't be fucking stupid." Harry grits.

"You really wanna know why I left you? Because you are such a bore." Renata groans. "Oh, and so naive. I could walk all over you and you wouldn't even care."

"I don't know how I ever loved you."

"Who can blame you?" Renata smirks, her grip on me tightening before she presses the gun to me. "Consider this a favor, sweetheart." She says to me and when she's able to pull the trigger, I clench my eyes shut.

"Don't!" Harry shouts. Everything happened so fast as a wave of gunshots erupted in the warehouse. Anybody could've been shot in this situation.

When my eyes open again, I see a wave of bodies laying around, including Harry's.