Stalka// Blossoming

Valka Haddock wandered around Berk. Many Vikings gave her hugs or just cheered when they found her alive. Overwhelmed, Valka had excused herself from the party in the Great Hall. She walked to a cliff that overlooked the ocean. She let the wind whip the loose strands of hair around her face and allowed all her worries to float away. Soon she opened her eyes and looked up at the twinkling sky.
"Oh Stoick, everything has changed so much since we were young," Valka spoke.
     She sat down on the cliff's edge, Cloudjumper lying loyally next to her. As she closed her eyes, she could recall all their precious memories they had made together.
                                                                   oOo
     Valka Jorgenson treaded lightly when it came to dragon training. She was always wary and fearful of dragons, but unwilling to harm an innocent creature. She stepped into the ring with the other Vikings. Stoick Haddock, her brother Spitelout, Finn Hofferson, Magmar Thorston and Ingar Ingerman IV. She held her sword at her side, resting the tip on the ground. She watched as Gobber, a Viking a mere seven years older, stepped out, his peg arm clasped behind his back.
     "Alright recruits! Today we are going to be training with," Gobber paused for effect and lifted a handle. "The Deadly Nadder." With those words he pushed down the lever to allow the red and gold dragon to burst forth.
     Everyone scattered into the maze looking for a shield. Valka grabbed one as the Nadder rounded the edge towards her. Valka let out a frightened squeak and froze. The Nadder breathed for a blast, but allowed it to die down as it looked at the cowering Viking before her. Her eyes were wide and for a moment Valka thought she saw something more than a beast, but a hammer collided with the Nadder, turning its eyes wild again.
     "Run!" Stoick yelled.
     Valka looked at him, still frozen by, well, she was not sure why. Stoick grumbled and grabbed her wrist, pulling her with him inside the maze. He released her wrist when Valka started moving more freely.
     "What were you thinking, you would've gotten yourself killed?" Stoick demanded.
     "I'm sorry Stoick, I don't know I just thought I saw something more in its eyes," Valka excused pitifully.
     Stoick wrapped his arms around her small frame. "I can't see you get killed Valka."
     "I can't do this," Valka said suddenly. "I'm sorry Stoick, but I can't do this. It makes me feel sick each time I do."
     "Aye, you're not a dragon killer." Stoick whistled at Gobber. "Take her. Make sure she can watch if she wants, but I want her safe."
     Stoick hoisted Valka high enough  to where Gobber could grab her and pull her through the arena bars. Valka stumbled a bit, but looked back to see the dragon cornered by Finn and Stoick. She turned and fled. She ran until her lungs burned. The forest path dwindled until there was none. She stopped at a cliff's edge. Valka sighed and sat down. Her legs were pulled up to her chest and she sat for a while, simply thinking.
     "Why couldn't you just do it?" Valka muttered. "Why couldn't you just kill the dragon when you had a chance? You could have been seen a a real Valkyrie, now you'll never be. Valka! You just shamed your family and your tribe! Everyone here can kill a dragon, so why can't you? Why can't you?"
     "Because it's not you, Valka. It never has been you," a deep voice said gently. Stoick came to sit next to her. "I understand that you can't willingly kill a dragon, but that's not somethin' to be ashamed of. It's just who you are, and you can't compromise yourself for anythin'. Not even me."
     Valka rested against his chest. "But everyone here kills dragons."
     Stoick stood up and pulled her up beside him. He lightly brushed her cheek. "You are special, maybe not in a way you wanted, but you're special to me. And I will always stand next to you, for you."
     Valka leaned her cheek into his hand. She felt a small pull as he planted a delicate kiss on her lips. She smiled and looked at him.
     "Valka, you know I love you," Stoick started. "We'll be married in a week, and then, I'll always be there to protect you."
     Valka threw her arms around Stoick's neck, whispering her thanks. He spun her around, relishing in the moment.
                                                                                                 oOo
     "Oh Stoick, why can't you be here now?" Valka whispered quietly.
     "He is mom," a voice sounded. "He is with us right now. Maybe not in body, but in soul."
     "And his memory will never be forgotten, through all the archipelago, Vikings will remember one of Berk's greatest cheifs." A second one comforted.
     Hiccup and Astrid sat on either side of Valka. Valka grabbed both of them and squeezed them into a hug.
     "Thank you." She then wiped her eyes and stood up. "Shall we go rejoin the party, it's being thrown for you Hiccup."
     Hiccup and Astrid chuckled and stood up, walking hand in hand back to the Great Hall. Valka followed more slowly, stopping as she heard a faint voice on the breeze.
    "Take care of our son Val, I love you."
     Valka smiled as she heard Stoick's voice carrying into her ears. She looked at the doors and then walked into the party. She visited with old friends and freely talked about Stoick, knowing that he would always be watching over her from Valhalla.

So? Comments? Complaints? Ideas for one-shots?
Love y'all!
Byeeeeeeeeeeee!