Hiccstrid// Pain

This is a collab! With @MaskedDragonFyre
This is basically when Stormfly dies, DON'T KILL ME!*ducks in fear* Safe? Okay. And the new Light Fury(Starlight) becomes her new dragon.

After reading this, head over to MaskedDragonFyre to find out what happens with Stardust.

I've also heard rumor that they find the Light Fury in their honeymoon😏 so yeah, that's the time.

"Hiccup! Look!"
Astrid jump joyfully towards a bush of beautiful roses. Hiccup chuckled and dismounted Toothless, chasing his newlywed wife. Hiccup laughed as Astrid jumped into a crystal blue lake. Hiccup removed his prosthetic and jumped in after her.
     Hiccup crept up behind her and scooped her up, peppering her cheek with kisses. Astrid's joyous giggle echoed around the small area. Hiccup chased her around the lake, Astrid shrieking in joy.
     Toothless and Stormfly wandered around, playing tag and tug of war. Toothless snarled and tugged the log from Stormfly. He raced away through the bushes, Stormfly on his tail.
Hiccup watched them and turned to Astrid, who was treading water. He placed his hands on her hips and hoisted her up a bit, lifting her against him.
     "Alone time," Hiccup murmured.
     Astrid held onto Hiccup's neck and shoulders, supporting her weight. "No distractions, no interruptions."
     Hiccup smiled and pressed his lips to Astrid.  Astrid returned it, pressing back against Hiccup. Hiccup broke, biting his lips a bit.
     "What?" Astrid asked with a chuckle.
     Hiccup reached up, brushing her hair away. "You're so beautiful."
     Astrid smiled, blushing. She opened her mouth to respond, but suddenly there was a cry. Astrid and Hiccup quickly swam out.
     "Toothless!" Hiccup called.
     "Stormfly!" Astrid cried.
They raced through the dense brush and ducked the low limbs. Cawing and wailing got louder as they got closer to Toothless and Stormfly.
     "Hiccup," Astrid gasped, she pointed to the left, "I think they're that way!"
     Hiccup nodded and kept running. Astrid's face twisted into worry for her dragon. Astrid and Hiccup burst through the brush to see a horrifying sight.
"Stormfly!"
Toothless was wailing, doing a dragon's mourning ritual. Astrid slid on her knees to Stormfly's side. She gently held her head, patting her jaw.
"Stormfly, what's wrong," Astrid asked. "Hiccup?"
Hiccup knelt next to her. "It's to late. I'm sorry Astrid."
Astrid huffed and her blue eyes welled up with tears. She placed a hand on Stormfly's cheek. "I'm so sorry girl," Astrid murmured through tears. "I'll never forget you."
Astrid gently kissed Stormfly's cheek. Stormfly peeped open a single yellow eye. She huffed and nudged Astrid's hand. Stormfly's eye rolled back and her head dropped with a dull thud.
Astrid bit her lip. Hiccup wrapped his arms around Astrid's shaking frame. Astrid curled into Hiccup, quietly sobbing. Hiccup released one hand, stroking Stormfly one last time.
Hiccup held Astrid for who know how long. Her sobbing lowly ceased, though she stayed in his arms, unmoving. Toothless laid next to Stormfly, keeping vigil for hours. He finally came and nudged Astrid.
     Astrid turned and looked at Toothless. He gave her a head tilt and small croon. He helped Astrid to her feet and nudged Hiccup. Hiccup placed one hand on Astrid's back, the other clicked Toothless' tail into automatic. Toothless nuzzled Astrid one more time before picking Stormfly up.
     Astrid watched, tears lightly falling, as he carried her high into the sky, giving way to the dragon's funeral. Toothless tossed her up, blasting her body. Stormfly dissipated into a cloud of smoke and fire sparks. It was a beautiful sight, the best way for a dragon to be remembered.
     "It's to bad she didn't make it to Vanaheim." Astrid stared off. "She could have had a proper burial."
     Hiccup stepped forward, wrapping an arm around her waist. "But at least you were here for her. She needed to see you one more time."
     Astrid nodded, accepting Hiccup's embrace. "Hiccup? Why do you think Toothless did that?"
     Hiccup looked down at her. "I believe it's because Toothless didn't want any scavengers to find her."
     Toothless landed, looking up at Astrid. She smiled sadly, hugging his head. Later, Hiccup and Astrid had eaten and laid out their blanket and rolled pillows. Hiccup comforted Astrid about Stormfly one last time before he laid her gently down. Her eyes were sad and she stared into space, still sniffling about her beloved dragon.
Hiccup poked at the burning embers one last time. He sat down, watching them simmer into the air. Toothless sat next to him, nudging his shoulder.
"Oh Toothless," Hiccup said, "I don't know what to say to Astrid. I want to tell her it'll be okay, but I can't say that."
Toothless warbled softly and left him to curl around Astrid. Hiccup shook his head, looking at the stars.
"Well dad, I did it. After seven years, I did it," Hiccup said with a sad smile. "Promise me you'll take care of Stormfly for Astrid, she means a lot to her."
Hiccup crawled over to where Astrid was still lying. He laid next to Astrid's laying an arm over her waist. He and Astrid managed to save a few parts of their honeymoon, including a five mile hike up to one of the peaks. Hiccup kissed the side of Astrid's head and brushed some of her loose hair away.
"Good night," Hiccup murmured. "Astrid?"
Her head laid on her hand and her soft breathing indicated sleep. Hiccup chuckled lightly and pulled her closer to him. Astrid moaned, shifting in her sleep. Hiccup wrapped his arm tighter. Her shifting stopped and she was safely curled into his chest.

I just...😢✋🏼
I JUST CAN'T!!!!