Hiccstrid// Smokin'

Set in HTTYD 3, just a few months after the dragons leave. No one has changed clothes.

     Hiccup sighed, blowing a stream of air out of his nose. Sweat was dripping down his face as he began to shed his armor. Soon he was stripped down to his tunic, which he rolled the sleeves up. It was the middle of a large heatwave on New Berk. Valka came to her son, dropping off an axe.
     "I saw Astrid, she was looking for you," Valka said. "I'll tell her you're in the forge."
     Hiccup nodded. He began sharpening the axe blade. Sparks flew as Gobber began melting new metal for weapons. Footsteps approached and Hiccup took the blade off the sharpening device. Astrid greeted the villagers as she walked to Hiccup. Hiccup hung the axe for pick up and turned back to his wonderful betrothed.
     "Afternoon Milady," Hiccup said cheerfully.
     Astrid nodded, dipping a cloth in a barrel of water. "You look like your hot. Take a break."
     Hiccup nodded and led her into the back room, where he opened the hatches for the wind currents. He gratefully took the cloth and began wiping his face. Astrid began fanning herself. She reached up and untied her red vest. Her shoulder pads were laid on the table.
     "Miss the days when you could just jump on Stormfly and she'd cool you down in a hurry," Astrid said softly.
     Hiccup nodded, not paying much attention. He looked at the ground and hung his head, the cloth draped over the back of his neck. Astrid's sleeveless blue tunic was now visible and she pulled her hair off the back of her neck with an arm.
     "So I was thinki-oh, wow, um," Hiccup began stammering as he saw Astrid stripped down as much as she could without being scandalous.
     "What?" Astrid asked with a pout. "I needed to cool off."
     Hiccup brushed the back of his neck and gave her the cloth. "It's, it's uh, still cool if you want it."
     Astrid rolled her eyes and snatched the cloth, setting it on his desk. "You know, it's not like you'll never see me like this ever again."
     Hiccup looked up in confusion and bewilderment. "Oh?"
     Astrid nodded and pulled her vest onto her shoulders. "We're going to get married Hiccup ."
     Hiccup coughed and crossed his arms awkwardly around his middle. "Oh, yeah, right."
     Astrid shook her head and deftly tied the strings of her vest back into place. "Don't worry, we don't have to for a while. If you're not ready or don't want to. It's a mutual agreement, remember?." She leaned forward and peck his lips. "I'm going to the Hall for some lunch."
     Hiccup smirked and shook his head as Astrid walked out, waving a goodbye. He looked to his left and opened the drawer. Inside was a mahogany box with the Berk crest imprinted.
     Hiccup lifted the lid and looked at the secret cloth. A Berkian tradition for a sash to be wrapped around chief and cheiftess' wrists. The catch was that only the chief was allowed to see or touch the sash before the wedding.
     Hiccup smiled. Oh he was ready to get married. And now he knew that Astrid was as well. Hiccup piled his leather on the chair and walked off to the Hall, passing Valka and telling her the news.
     He and Astrid would be married within the month.

Sorry for the delay! I finally finished school!
Now, my hiccstrid book: Together. Always. Will be published and debuting on June 16th! Except the regular updates will be on Saturdays.
Can't wait for you to read it!
Byeeeeee!