Hiccstrid// How?

(Sequel to To Valhalla and Back)

     The party in the Great Hall lasted for hours. The village was ecstatic about Astrid's return. She never felt so much love and never had gotten so many hugs. Her smiled refused to leave her face, even for a second; though, her cheeks were hurting quite badly by the end of it all. She laughed with the others as she heard about Hiccup's bravery in defeating Drago.
     "Astrid, I think there's someone else you haven't said hello to," Hiccup said.
     Astrid turned. "Who?" The word had barely left her mouth when the crowd parted, revealing the golden and blue storm that was thundering closer to her. "Stormfly!"
     Astrid grabbed and held on to her dragon's snout. Stormfly's familiar chirps and huffs resigned in Astrid's ears. She did not let go of her dragon, afraid that she would lose her again. Stormfly felt the same and swore to herself that she would protect Astrid at all costs. Astrid broke away from her beloved dragon. She felt strong arms wrap around her waist and pull her back.
     "I love you Milady," Hiccup murmured in her ear.
     Astrid turned and pulled Hiccup's head closer. Her lips pressed deeply onto his, as if they were specially designed for each other. Astrid pulled away, but gently pecked his lips again. "I love you to, Dragon Master," she teased.

     Stormfly insisted on squeezing her way into the Haddock household where Astrid was lounging. Stormfly succeeded, but not without breaking down the door and doorframe. Hiccup insisted that it could be fixed and said nothing to the damage. Stormfly and Toothless laid in a circle, Hiccup, Valka and Astrid sitting in the middle.
     "So are you going to tell me how you survived?" Hiccup asked.
     "I don't really know," Astrid admitted. "I died and went to Valhalla. And I saw Odin's great battle field, and I was in this dress. Then I saw a second door, and when I opened it I saw my funeral ship floating in the sea. I felt that I could go through and I wanted a life with you Hiccup, so I went through and found myself in the cove."
     "Well, I'm glad you came back," Hiccup murmured, kissing the side of her head.
     Valka and Hiccup filled her in on what has happened since she "died". Soon Stoick squeezed his way into the circle. The circle was so small that Astrid ended up half laying on Hiccup. She did not mind though, and just laid herself across his lap. He chuckled and tickled her sides.
      "Hiccup! Stop!" Astrid giggled.
     Stoick smiled and grabbed Valka. He started to tickle her too. Soon the whole Haddock household was bursting with laughter. The tickle fight varied between couples and ganging up on Hiccup. Hiccup laughed as he got tickled. Astrid thought of her life and she smiled.
     Without warning she leaned down and kissed Hiccup. Hiccup remained laying flat, but he pulled her closer to him with one hand. She pulled away and everything melted around them. She gently kissed his cheek and just got lost in his green eyes.
     "I love you, and I always will," Astrid whispered.
     "Well, that's good, because the same goes for me too," Hiccup said with a quirky smile.
     Astrid laid next to him and rested her hand and head on his chest. This was her life now and she could not be more happy that she did not go through the door to Valhalla.

Sorry for the long delay peeps. I got busy with school. That's like literally all my life is school. But it's soon to end, so I'll get to write more. Love y'all!
Byeeeeeeeee!