VI. (1) Games and Surprises

Chapter 6

"Oi, how come you're giving him all the attention? Didn't you promise Ore-sama to make him Takoyaki?" Ayato spoke.

"That's right, no fair Guinevere~" Laito agreed. "Make me macaroons."

"I do remember the promise that I made you, Ayato, and I plan to keep it. I will bake with you three after school. Happy?"

Ayato smirked, making a sound of approval. Laito gave her a sincerer smile as he let out a delighted chuckle. Kanato hummed, nodding cutely with slightly flushed cheeks. Guinevere flashed them a smile before teleporting away to Yui's room.

____________________________________________________

Wandering down the dark, eerie hallways, Yui's eyes scanned her surroundings, trying to find a certain white, wooden double-door embedded with golden borders. She sighed once she reached a dead end and turned around, making her way down another hallway. As she walked onwards, she allowed her mind to sway out of focus.

When she came to fifteen minutes ago on her bed, she was awfully confused. She didn't recall lying in her own bed when she was last conscious, not to mention that she was already changed into a familiar, clean attire. An even more stranger thing was that no bite marks were evident on her neck...

She remembered before she lost consciousness that Ayato was biting her, only to be interrupted by a familiar voice...Guinevere's to be exact...

Her eyes widened as everything began to unfold. Guinevere must have brought her to her bedroom and changed her bloodied clothes, just like how she did last time. It only made sense.

A smile appeared on her face at the thought of the older woman's kindness. However, her thoughts were interrupted when she reached the only wooden door along the hallway. It was left slightly ajar, allowing thin, golden light to slip through, penetrating the darkness and lighting up the floor along with the light that slipped past the gap underneath the door.

Yui decided to creep closer and voices entered her ears.

"Ufufu, what kind of crappy throw was that, Ayato~?"

"Urusai! Ore-sama was just distracted, that's all!"

"What a stupid excuse. Teddy and I weren't doing anything."

The triplet's voices. To confirm her statement, Yui looked through the door's crack. Ayato was in front of the dart board, his hand gripping on two darts as he argued with Laito, who stood beside him with the typical, perverted smirk adorning his face along with half-lidded eyes akin to a cat's. Kanato sat on the pool table in the corner of Yui's vision, his stuffed toy hugged closely to him. Behind Laito, further to the left, was Shuu, who laid comfortably on the couch, appearing asleep with earphones blasting soothing, classical music in his ears.

"Well? Are you not going to come in?" A familiar voice startled Yui.

She quickly spun around and was met by a certain dark-haired woman with striking silver eyes, one of them a shade lighter than usual due to the thin stilt of golden light that shone upon it as it lightened up a small part of her face.

"Guinee-san!" Yui whisper-said. "I-I was looking for you..."

She received an owlish blink. "Oh? May I ask why?" Guinevere asked.

"I just wanted to thank yo—"

"Oi, Guinevere, we know you and Chichi nashi are out there!" The voice belonged to no other than Ayato.