XX. Beauties of the Night

A/N: Okay, this is just for clarification, cuz I tend to get confused because of this at times, too.

Half-sibling: a sibling who shares the same mother with you but not sharing the same biological father, or vice versa. This means that they ARE related to you by blood, relatively. So the Sakamaki triplets, Reiji and Shuu and lastly Subaru would be each other's half-siblings.

Half-cousins: Children of the half-siblings.

Step-sibling: someone who is NOT related to you by blood, being the child of a stepmother who so happens to marry your biological father, or vice versa.

Ta. Da. Hope this clears up confusion.

Enjoy~

_________________________________________________________

Chapter 20

"Are you going to Scarborough Fair?"

The slow, soft melody drifted into the serene night. Guinevere's lids fluttered, before silver eyes were revealed to the world.

"Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme..."

Her hand twitched, before she moved it to gently entangle her fingers through silky, golden blond hair. The arms around her waist tightened in response, and Shuu cracked his eyes open, gazing sleepily at her beneath his long lashes.

"Remember me, to one who lives there..."

The familiar voice continued to enchant the listeners, causing Guinevere to sit up and directing her gaze towards the moonlight that sliced through the glass, balcony door, creating streaks that soaked onto the white, creamy marble floor.

Shuu groaned as he was suddenly exposed to the cold air.

He shut his eyes, and silently, almost growled, "Get under the blanket..."

"He once was a true love of mine."

The delicate singing continued in the background while Guinevere giggled at his grumpiness, ruffling his hair in response. She then returned her gaze outside, her eyes landing on the blowing leaves from the neatly-trimmed trees.

"But Kanato's voice is simply lovely," she said. "I could just listen to it countlessly. However, at the same time, I have this desire to join in."

"Mm, that's not a bad idea," Shuu mumbled a reply. "But why can't you do it here? Lie down..."

Guinevere planted a kiss on his forehead. Shuu, knowing her, half-heartedly loosened his grip around her. She managed to free from his touch, and he cracked an eye open and watched her glide towards the balcony door. The blue in his eyes were almost glowing as it reflected against the moonlight.

He then heard the door open softly. When he felt the cool breeze rush in, he buried himself deeper under the blankets, allowing himself to drown underneath its warmth.

Kanato's singing resumed. "Tell her to make me a cambric shirt..."

Shuu waited.

"Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme..."

'There it is,' Shuu thought, as he was slowly intoxicated with Guinevere's voice that blended with Kanato's. Though both voices were like honey and velvet, hers was brighter, and did not held any hint of huskiness like Kanato's, having a more feminine, tenderer tone to it.

The two voices harmonized flawlessly with each other.

"Without no seam nor fine needle work..."