Special Chapter 2!

A/N: Refer to first special chapter titled 'Moments of "Almost there" part 1 if you don't recall anything or feel like a confused sheep. Enjoy this second bonus chapter ~ And the relaxing music, of course.

__________________________________________________________

Moments of "Almost there" (part 2)

Heeled shoes lined up with fine, polished ones. Guinevere's eyes soaked the colour of the silver moonlight, glowing brightly as they glanced at the thin, blackish-purple strands beside her, fluttering delicately along the wind. The strands framed a fair face, with striking features that unfortunately was morphed into a scowl. Spotless, rectangular-framed glasses inched slightly down the bridge of a perfect nose, as a gloved hand were placed over the earpiece, pressing the small, black button. On the earpiece was a flashing spot of red light peeking between slender fingers.

Underneath long, dark lashes, Reiji's eyes narrowed. He opened his mouth once again, allowing his deep, velvety voice to drift into the air. He then gritted his teeth before turning towards Guinevere.

"No response?" she asked hopefully.

Reiji closed his eyes. "No. It seems that this earpiece is out of battery, as well."

Guinevere examined the battery on her palm one last time before placing the battery back in the earpiece. She then began attaching the pieces together. "That is odd. Do you think the same thing happened to the others?"

Reiji sighed. "I hope not. Here, allow me."

Guinevere allowed him to adjust her earpiece, positioning it rightfully in her ear.

"Thank you," she said. Her gaze then travelled up the slender building in front of them. "So, this must be the Jewel's tower."

"According to Subaru, yes. He made sure of that himself."

Guinevere suddenly sagged. "We will have to walk, correct?"

Reiji hummed. "Most definitely. Since we do not know this place well, and the fact that anyone can be fooled by its medieval structure, teleportation would likely to cause accidents."

"Mm." Guinevere agreed with a nod. "The technology here is far developed than what this castle deems on its exterior. There is not much to doubt that the developed traps within these walls would be highly dangerous."

Reiji began walking towards the entrance in silence. After a few steps, he paused and stuck his arm out slightly. One would fail to notice the action had they not paid even the slightest attention.

Guinevere, upon noticing the slight movement, blinked, before a smile graced her tender lips. She removed her hand from the dark, rough walls of the tower that loomed above her and glided to his side. Gleefully, she hooked her arms underneath his.

She tapped her fingers over his firm arm, indicating them to relax. She could feel his gaze on her as his arm shifted below her touch. When it finally loosened, she nodded in satisfaction before they both proceeded onwards.

++++++++++++

The only sounds Subaru could hear were the eerie sound of the howling wind as it battled with the deafening sound of his own footsteps echoing against the solid walls. Sighing, he continued to ascend the narrow, curvy steps, growing restless as it showed no end.