Special Chapter 3!

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for being a bad author. Though, like people generally, I had to deal with the unfairness of life and—if I'm being completely honest—a hint of laziness.

Anyways, I'll be posting the next chapter around next week, so stay tuned. I also edited a lot grammatic issues with the other chapters, but everything else, i.e. the content and plot, are still the same (besides the fact that Guinevere's actually horrible at holding her liquor).

Here is the last part of this special chapter! Hope you all enjoy it!

...And thanks for understanding >u<

(Note: I DEFINITELY do not own the picture, or any of them so far throughout this fanfic).

____________________________________________________________

"You still have that with you?!" Subaru stated in disbelief.

In response Kanato aimed it above Shuu's head. It glinted sadistically, eager to be used.

"Kanato—" Guinevere was interrupted with a screaming bang.

The bullet tore mercilessly through the jumper's sleeve, the sleeve that kept Ayato from plummeting down headfirst.

___________________________________________________________

Moments of "Almost there" (part 3)

Ayato tumbled towards the ground in series of cries. Subaru cursed loudly and tightened his grip on Ayato, his knee colliding with the ground under the increasing weight.

Laito blinked, his hands handing awkwardly in the air where the last knot was supposed to be.

The chandelier, which was tipped over by Ayato's weight, resprung the opposite direction with such force that it broke away from the cracked ceiling. It hurled across the room before crashing against the wall, sending rainstorms of diamond glass fragments and flames flying dangerously.

The blue strings snapped.

One of the fragments scraped smoothly along the floor. It finally halted just as it touched Shuu's spotless footwear, to which the blond-haired male fixed it with a schooled gaze. He turned his head upon hearing Guinevere's voice and looked at her from between his arms.

"Really, Shuu, I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself," she lightly huffed. "But thank you."

Shuu smirked and petted her head, but didn't budge from his shielding position. Laito, who was beside the two, glanced at Guinevere. Realising that she was unharmed, he closed his eyes and released a sigh.

Laito then looked at the mess in front of him. "Aw, I almost undid that knot~ Kanato, you should have gotten that gun out sooner before I untied anything." A small groan escaped him. "Such a waste."

"Teddy and I forgot that it was in my bag," Kanato said. His next statement almost came out as a hiss. "And if you're protesting, get your own gun next time."

Subaru folded his arms. "Can you both stop fighting? The alarm's already annoying the hell out of me, I don't need you two to get on my damn nerves."

"Do you have the gem?" Shuu asked.

"Yes, I have it right—" Guinevere looked at her empty hand. "Where—"

Evil laughter clashed with the deafening sound of the alarm. Everyone turned towards Ayato, who was standing in an odd pose and was holding the gem up like it was a sports trophy.