XIX. Goodies

A/N: Here, lovelies, is a slightly longer chapter. Sorry if they're mistakes. I've been quite the busy bee these few weeks. Hope you enjoy it~

_________________________________________________________

Chapter 19

"—Oh, a last note before you leave, Miss DeRosa," the manager said, his pepper-coloured hair neatly combed back. "Please raise awareness prior to your actions. Keep in mind that there are mortal colleagues among this workplace."

"Dutifully understood," replied Guinevere.

The manager smiled. "It's been a pleasure, so far, having you onboard. I expect the same throughout your service here."

"Of course," Guinevere said, returning a graceful smile of her own.

She turned, and just when she touched the door knob, the manager halted her in her tracks.

"One more thing, miss DeRosa," he said, his tone as soft and sincere as ever. "Please enjoy yourself."

Facing him, she flashed a smile. She then politely bowed, excusing herself before stepping out of the room.

After a bit of wandering and asking a few people, Guinevere was finally greeted by a stormy grey door with a golden sign that was labelled, 'Studio: 2'. As she gripped the round golden door know, muffled voices drifted into her ears from behind the closed door.

She pushed it open. Acting oblivious to the the painfully obvious ceasing of chattering, she began walking towards one of the assistant directors (and cinematographer) she was appointed to.

The assistant, being one of the few who didn't spare her a second glance, appeared to be working dominantly behind the screens, switching back and forth between the big screen shown through the camera lenses and her laptop. She then paused, pushed up her thick-framed glasses, and scribbled something onto her notebook, before returning her gaze back towards the screen.

Guinevere lightly cleared her throat. "Are you miss Nakano Linda?"

The young woman shifted her rich brown eyes towards her. Light freckles were splattered across her little button nose, as her innocent face held boredom.

"Yep," she said, turning towards Guinevere. The studio lights reflected off her glasses. "You are?"

"DeRosa Guinevere," the silver-eyed woman introduced.

Linda nodded. "You must be new, because I pretty much know everyone here. And judging that you're in this building, you must be one of the more experienced workers in the filming industry. Nice to meet you."

Guinevere smiled. "Likewise."

Linda tilted her head. "That reminds me, Boss did mention that there will a new director. Is it you?"

"Yes."

"Good." Linda began fiddling with her pen between her fingers. "Our old director was a total ass."

Guinevere's brow shot upwards in surprise. "Really?"

"Yep. A huge, disgusting fuc—"

Someone yelled from the other side of the room.

"Vulgarity don't matter jack-shit when it comes to him! And as if you're on task, mister Wong!" Linda hollered back. She then turned back to Guinevere, who looked highly amused.

"Welcome to studio 2." She sent her a silver of a grin. "Anyways, what I was saying is that, our old director was, you know, one of those desperately filthy perverts."