Epilogue

The pool emitted an enchanting green glow as a donut floaty drifted on its calm surface. Pale toes grazed the cool water, and an outstretched arm swayed to form light ripples.

Guinevere wriggled her fingers, humming pleasurably at the damp sensation. Light sloshes reached her ears, her expression hidden behind her shiny, cyan face mask.

She suddenly stilled. The floaty bumped on the side of the pool.

++++++++++++

"That sow," said a tall man, half of his brown, untamed hair pulled back into a bun. "She's nowhere to be seen."

"Shut up."

He stopped tossing the apple. Yuma then turned around. "What?"

Shuu Sakamaki was stretched at the top of the bluish-grey stone steps, a hand resting on his propped knee. Sitting incredibly still, his eyes were closed as smooth music flowed leisurely from his earbuds.

"Your voice is annoying," he finally said, equally as leisure.

Yuma clicked his tongue. "Neet, where is she?"

The blue roses danced gracefully in the wind. A few seconds passed by.

"Are you listening?!"

Shuu's facials changed for the first time. "Be quiet. You're ruining my music."

"Hah? What's with that?! You should at least supervise your own prey!"

Their gazes clashed. Shuu was stiff.

"You nobles are so—" Yuma began.

"Leave, before I lose it."

Yuma blinked, before an amused look crossed him. "Lose it? Why are you so damn possessive over that sow?"

Shuu stood up. His eyes resembled frost. "Watch that damn mouth of yours."

"Oh? What's your pretty self gonna do about it?"

In an instant, Shuu had his collar.

"Take that back," he said, his tone dangerous.

Yuma met his gaze. "Get your hands off me."

"Don't have your head so high up in your arse. You think I'd want to touch dirt like you?"

Yuma's fangs flashed. He swung his fist, and Shuu stepped back as it nicked his cheek. The apple hit the floor with a thud before it was lost in one of the rose beds.

Shuu smirked coldly. Yuma rolled his shoulders, swinging his arm to prepare for another round.

"I don't know why the hell you'd go so far for a livestock," he said, "but that makes me want to take her away even more."

Shuu paused. He tilted his head.

"Livestock?" he repeated, the anger in his tone dissolving. The spinning gears finally connected in his head.

Yuma couldn't help but raise a brow. Shuu then stuffed his hands in his pockets and began walking away. "That doesn't concern me. Hurry up and get out of here."

"What? Afraid of ruining that pretty outfit of yours?" Yuma scoffed. "As I thought, fleeing is a speciality of you nobles."

Shuu yawned. Yuma clicked his tongue.

"...What?" said Yuma. Shuu stared at him for a few more seconds before he wordlessly left.

From a high window, Reiji watched with slight interest as the brown-haired man vanished. After all, the sight of his riled up brother was not a normal occurrence.