XXVII. Disposure

A/n: It should've been dramatic music but I like this one. Also, credit of this pic goes to the owner.

Chapter 27

Guinevere's thoughts whirled. Her mind flashed to a certain rainy day, where Cordelia's corpse laid peacefully among the rose beds. The hole in her heart. A piece of her gown torn. Blood that spattered messily, far more than it was supposed to from such fall, slowly dripping from the leaves before darkening the soil. Richter's presence the moment she entered the mansion, disappearing as fast as it arrived. The faint scent of Cordelia's blood lingering at the entrance.

It all clicked in her head.

"You were the one who took her heart that day," she said to Richter. "It's in Yui's body, isn't it?"

Richter smirked. "As expected from the daughter of Cecelia."

Cordelia's smirk grew cold.

"What's this?" Her voice was like honey, though more bitter as opposed to sweet. "Giving your aunt the cold shoulder?"

Guinevere pursed her lips. After a moment, she curtly said, "Auntie."

Her tone was light, the despise filtered. It truly contradicted her icy, silver eyes and lips that pressed in a straight, grim line.

The silver dagger in her hand flashed hostilely. Cordelia's green eyes fell upon it.

"My, that is quite the fancy thing you have there," she said. "Don't tell me you collect them?"

Guinevere tapped the tip of the blade light over her lower lip. "I am in conflict. Would Yui be upset with me if there was a scar on her lovely face? Or maybe if she lost a few of her fingers?"

Cordelia's green eyes glinted with caution as they narrowed. She took a step back.

"Yes, she would," she hissed. "Not that she has much longer. Her opinions are futile."

Guinevere studied her irritation before breaking into a taunting grin.

Cordelia's fists clenched. Suddenly, a blade was inches away from her throat. She looked up and was met with silver eyes that made her blood ran cold.

In the blink of an eye, Richter was beside them, eyes glued on the blade.

"You would know," he slowly said, "that killing her would kill the girl."

"Just showing her how inferior she is," Guinevere replied with a sudden smile. "And didn't you say she wasn't going to last anyway?"

She then retracted her dagger and walked away. Cordelia exhaled, trembling with fury.

"Corde—"

Cordelia cut his words short by smacking her palm across his cheek. The sound resonated across the vast trees.

"Why," she seethed, "did you not do anything?"

Richter collected himself and turned towards her. His cheek burned as he glared at her, anger building like flames within those dark, red eyes.

"I knew she wouldn't do anything." Richter sent her a chilly smile. "What's this? Don't you trust me, darling?"

Cordelia flinched. She took a sharp breath, plastering a smile to soften her features.