X 2/2 (5) Games and Surprises

A/n: Hello lovelies~ Glad you're reading my fanfic (hope you're liking it so far too)! I just want to let you guys know that this is going to be a longer chapter than usual...so prepare yourselves... >:3 ...and enjoy.

_______________________________________________________

Chapter 10.5

Hands snaked upwards on his chest. Raising an eyebrow to cover up desirability, Reiji gazed down at the woman before him.

"May I ask, what are you doing?" he said after a second.

Guinevere stared at him through hooded eyes. "No, you may not." Her voice was slightly breathy as her cheeks were still flushed.

His eyes flashed before he narrowed them. Acting in an etiquette manner was suddenly becoming a struggle. He stiffened even more when he felt soft lips on his, the surprise painted on his face as clear as day. Then it was gone as Guinevere pulled away. Still shocked, he watched her seductively moisturized her lips. The sound of a short giggle then reached his ears, and after a blink, the woman in front of him was nowhere in sight.

He tightened his fist, his eyes returning to its normal size to bore themselves at the place where she last stood. A shadow casted over the upper half of his face as he took his time with a deep breath.

His eyes glowed a rich, fuchsia pink. "That woman...."

...

"Nee, Snowball, do you like my hair?" asked Guinevere, gesturing to her two pigtails tied midway up her head, hiding behind her as it cascaded parallelly down her back.

Subaru responded with a glare. "Why the fuck are you drunk?"

"I'm not drunk! Why does everyone think I'm drunk?! I'm not even hiccupping anymore dammit!" she exclaimed.

The hiccup at the end of her statement brought blood rushing to his cheeks, but Subaru did not avert his eyes from her.

"So, do you like my hairstyle~?" she asked.

"Y-yes," he mumbled, but quickly added, "But only because your damn whining is annoying!"

"Whining? Wine?" Guinevere then gasped. "How did you know that I was drunk?! Even though I didn't really drink wine at that time..."

"Because it's so damn obvious. You can't even stand straight."

"Ehe, no one can."

"Most beings can stand straight just fine, you idiot." Subaru paused to fold his arms. "Did you try something from Reiji? Or was it the retarded triplets? No wait...judging by the outfit...Shuu?"

Guinevere gladly sent him some gibberish in a wise, civilized voice.

He sighed. "Right. No point asking you in this state— What the hell are you doing? Wait, o-oi, don't mess up my clothes!"

"Aaaah, am I in a garden of roses?" Guinevere's head was stuck in one of the drawers, as she spoke, her voice muffled among the sea of clothing.

Flustered at the compliment, he rushed towards her. "Wha—of course not! Are you blind woman?!"

Said-woman lifted her head from the pile of clothing and spun around.

"Ah," she said. "so that's why I couldn't see anything."

"Open your eyes!"

She complied, her eyes widening in wonder once she did so. "Wow...this is what the world looks like...?"