XXIV. Richter

A/n: Sorry, I've been a bad author, I know. I'll try my best to post more often (probably two chapters at once). Thanks so much for being patient and here they areeeee—the chapters! We're near the end mwahahaha.

(And lol, I kept on spelling Richter as "Rhicter" while I was writing this).

I DO NOT OWN ANY PICTURES SO FAR.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 24

Shuu Sakamaki was propped up on the dull-coloured wall beside the pillars. He ignored the footsteps that reached his ears and flipped the page, continuing to absorb himself with music notes.

The bats also sensed the presence outside and went frantic.

"H-hey, stop!" a voice cried out.

"Be quiet," Shuu said without taking his eyes off the book.

Footsteps approached him. Shoes lifted from soil and landed on cold, stone floor, the sound bouncing off walls and traveling out into the frosty night.

"Excuse me...Is that you, Shuu?" The soft voice belonged to Yui Komori as she stood at the entryway. Her hair was slight ruffled from the bats.

Shuu kept on reading. "Do you want something?"

"I'm sorry to disturb you," Yui answered quietly. A hand nervously gripping her other arm, Yui took a step forward.

"U-um...something has been wrong with me recently," she mustered, taking the silence as a sign to continue.

Glancing at the clear water within the fountain basin, she was met by her own pale face. Red orbs stared back at her, uncertainty and anxiety churning within.

Yui then lifted her head, returning her gaze towards the indifferent blond-haired man. "...I can hear the voice of a woman who isn't there, and I feel unsteady. I just...don't feel like myself."

The only movement Shuu made was the slight narrow of his eyes.

"Really?" he drawled. "All right, come here."

Yui barely took a step forward before she cried out as Shuu grabbed her wrist, pulling her towards him. An arm supporting her head, he pushed her onto the cold, stone bench. The book he held was on the floor.

"What are you...doing?" Yui's eyes were wide. She then fiercely turned her head, pulling away from the slender hand on her cheek. "Please let me go!"

Shuu chucked. "Quite full of yourself now, aren't you?"

He then moved her hair to the side and punctured his fangs on her neck. Yui winced in pain. Her breathing quickened, heart thumping crazily in fear.

After a few gulps, Shuu's eyes widened in surprise. He pulled away.

"Your blood has changed." He then hummed. "The awakening is at hand."

Yui weakly turned her head towards him. Her brows furrowed in confusion. Shuu wiped the blood from her bite wound and licked his finger.

"It's hot and bursting out now," he said once the scorching, sweet taste entered his tongue. "Mm, sweet."

Yui's face contorted, horrified. Shuu leaned forward and bit on her smooth skin. He sucked hungrily, tightening his hold around her waist. Tears pooled at the end of her eyes.

Shuu extracted his fangs and licked the blood flowing from the punctured marks.

"What do you mean by awakening?" Yui asked.