She's Not Worth It (3/4)

Shuri finished explaining who the main threat is: Thanos. Nakia, Shuri, Okoye and all of the tribes wait in the ship as T'Challa and I enter the Avenger's Compound.

"When we will head to battle?" I ask.

"We don't know the exact location of Thanos. All we know is that he is headed for Earth with the intention of destroying the universe." Iron Man states.

"We will let you know as soon as we find his location." He adds.

**

After two long days, they found Thanos' location. More so, Thanos found them. He was one cocky man who is thirsting for a good fight. And I am going to give it to him.

T'Challa, all the rest of the Avengers and I stand side my side to face Thanos. His amused yet lifeless eyes land onto me; a deep chuckle leaves his body.

"This is going to be fun." He says.

He clenches his fists and wait for us to attack him.

**

We literally got our asses handed to us, Thanos took down half of our tribes. Thor, Natasha and Steve are badly injured. Tony tries his best to heal them, but Thanos twisted them in ways no person wants to be twisted.

Gamora was Thanos' weak spot, but that didn't stop him from attacking her. Naki sacrified her life for mine, and I will forever pay that back to her.

I was in the middle of fighting one of Thanos' soldiers when another one was running towards me with a spear. I didn't know he was coming until Nakia screamed my name before jumping in front of me.

The spear pierced straight through her heart. I hear T'Challa, Shuri and Okoye all scream in agony. I swiftly snap the shoulders neck with a flick of my wrist. I catch Nakia before she hits the ground. The life has already gone out of her eyes as I cradle her head in my lap.

"Nakia." I say with a strained voice.

Tears slide down my face before I close my eyes and yell, to relieve the pressure in my chest. As I scream, I hear the sizzling of the solider's metal from the wave of fire I am emitting.

I stop yelling and rock Nakia's body back and forth in my lap.

"No Nakia." I say.

Even though her and I never really got along, I never wanted her dead.

I look around the battle field to see all of Thanos' soldiers scorched on the ground. Thanos stands at the top of the hill with his arms crossed. He smiles at me before turning to walk away.

T'Challa, Okoye, Shuri and the remaining of the tribes all go down on one knee. They all place their arm over their chest and say:

"Ons treur die dood van ons koningin."
(We all mourn the death of our Queen)

"Ek is jammer dat jy so gesterf het... maar ek kan jou verseker, jy sal gewreek word." I whisper to her.
(I'm sorry that you passed away like this, but I can assure you, you will be avenged)

We all sit quietly in the conference room. We are all still in our combat uniforms, we could bear to take it off. With Thanos still around, looking over our shoulder has to be second nature.

I glance over at T'Challa, who has tears streaming down his face. I fix my gaze on the dark, hollow table.

The death of Nakia is my fault, I should have been paying more attention. I couldn't bear to look into T'Challa's big, sad doe eyes. I release a slow breath before I stand from the table. All eyes were on me but I don't care, I need to get the hell out of there. Before I could make a step, T'Challa grabs my hand.