It's Your Funeral (1/2)

A/N: @purplesinger07: here is your request. Hope you like it. 😇

"Baba!" I call as I run into the Priest Cave.

"(Y/N), what have I told you about yelling inside the cave?" My father, Zuri says as he walks around the corner.

"Oh come on, father. I'm excited, look at what I found." I say, holding up a baby Panther.

"I named her (Y/P/N)," I say.

My father's eyes nearly popped out of his head when he sees (Y/P/N) in my arms.

"O vir die liefde van- (Y/N)! Why would you go into a panther's cave to steal that cub? You know how protective they are of their young? You could have gotten yourself killed!" He rants.

"I thought you said no yelling in the cave." I saw with a small smile playing on my lips.

"This is not a time for games." He says, closing his bible.

"Technically I didn't steal her, I saved her. I was hanging out at the top of my favorite tree when I saw her mother got killed by a tiger trying to protect her cubs. The tiger was going to kill them, until I tricked him."

"You tricked a tiger?" He says in disbelief.

"Yes, I did." I say proudly.

"And it would have worked, if the pups didn't start yowling." T'Challa says as he stands beside me.

My father physically face palmed his forehead and slowly slid his hand down his face.

"You put the Prince's life in jeopardy in addition to your own?... I will never hear the end of it from King T'Chaka." My father says.

"No, I didn't jeopardize his life... just mine. He just happened to be walking by when the tiger cornered me." I say, scratching the back of my neck.

"And my father will not know about this unless you want to tell him." T'Challa says.

(Y/P/N) sniffed my chin before licking it with her rough patched tongue.

"And look, she's already imprinted on you. So much for giving her to W'Kabi." My father says with a sigh.

"W'Kabi already has his hands full with the other Panther cubs." T'Challa says.

"Your daughter is one brave soul, Zuri. Her heart is in the right place." He adds as he claps a hand on my shoulder.

"It's her brave soul that gets her into the most trouble." Zuri says with a chuckle.

(Y/P/N) purred as she rubbed the sides of her face on jawline. I pet behind her ears and her claws dig into my shirt as she kneads my arms.

T'Challa chuckles and he pets the sides of (Y/P/N)'s neck.

"Thank you, my Prince. For bringing my strong willed daughter back home to me." My father says before giving T'Challa the Wakandan salute.

"It was my pleasure," T'Challa says.

He places a hand on my back before adding:

"Promise me that you won't risk your life for something unless you have back up."

"Well it depends on the situation, but I'll try to think rationally." I say.

I look up at him with a playful smirk and he returns the gesture.

My father looks confusingly between T'Challa and I. T'Challa breaks my gaze and says:

"Well, I have a coronation to get to."

"Hopefully I will see you both there." He adds

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." I say.

He lifts up my chin before walking away from the cave.

"(Y/N), is there something that you would like to tell me?" My father asks.

I set (Y/P/N) down on the floor and she lays down at my feet.

"Nope, I have no idea what you are talking about." I say innocently.

"Mm-hm," He says.

I walk to our house a few yards away from the Priest cave to get ready for the coronation, with (Y/P/N) trotting behind me.

**

All the tribes except separate yet together at the same time. Some of the Dora Milaje were surrounding Queen Mother and Shuri and the rest were in the water with my father. He stands with the wooden stick he crafted and blessed by his self.

All the separate tribe calls echo the air as the mist from the waterfalls hits our faces. One of the best things I love about nature: it's beauty.

T'Challa walks out from the opening with the Panther tribe painting along the sides of his face and back. My eyes scan his well toned body and I catch Nakia doing the same thing.

T'Challa looks up at the tribes and holds up his shield and weapon. His eyes find mine and he winks at me. I bow slightly and he continues to gaze up at me.

All the sounds come to a halt with my father raises the Priest stick.

"We are here to see if T'Challa, son of King T'Chaka, is worthy of being our king." My father announces.

"I will now give him the juice of Wakandan fruit to strip him of his powers as the Black Panther." He adds before giving T'Challa a bowl.

T'Challa drinks the content within the bowl and groans in pain. His veins turn purple as the strength of Black Panther leaves his body. He looks up at the tribes and my father says:

"Is there any tribe who wants to challenge T'Challa for the title of King? Speak now or forever hold your discrepancies."

All the tribes decline the offer to challenge T'Challa, all except the Jabari tribe.

I hear the chants of M'Baku leading his tribe through the tunnel.

"Well this is going to end well." I say sarcastically, warning a nudge from another priest.