It's Your Funeral (2/2)

It hasn't even been a month and T'Challa is already having his hands full with the outside world.

M'Baku and T'Challa had a close call at the coronation, but in the end T'Challa won. And truthfully, I'm glad he did because I don't how Wakanda will end up as M'Baku as King. He's a little too traditional.

Apparently an outside crosses the border of Wakanda claiming that he is N'Jaka, son of N'Jobu, T'Challa's Uncle. He brought back the dead body of a Wakandan enemy. Most would see him as an ally, but T'Challa, Okoye and I though differently.

He challenges T'Challa as King, which means that we have to do coronation all over again.

I pull my hair into a high ponytail and pull out the yellow paint to represent my tribe.

"What do you think you are doing?" T'Challa asks as he walks into my room.

"I'm getting ready for the challenge, and what happened to the common courtesy of knocking?" I say.

"You are not going to the challenge." He says.

"What do you mean I'm not going to the challenge? Of course I'm going! Who else is going to look after my father? To make sure Erik doesn't do anything stupid." I say.

"Mind your tone.. and I'm doing this to protect you." He says.

I stop painting and spin around in my chair.

"'Mind your tone'? I'm not some handmaiden in your palace, T'Challa. I can have whatever tone I want. And you're not my father, you can't tell me to watch my tone. And you can't tell me where I can and cannot be." I snap.

"Yes I can, because I am your King and you will not defy your King!" He snaps back.

"Oh? So you're going to pull the King card?" I say with disbelief.

He sighs with frustration as he pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Can you please stop being strong willed for one damn second and realize that I'm doing this to make sure I win?" He says calmly.

"What are you talking about?" I ask as I stand from my chair.

He cups my cheeks and presses his forehead against mine. Suddenly, I'm calmer and I sigh in relief.

"Are you really going to have make me assign the Dora Milaje to keep you in your room?" He says.

"No. Just.. be safe, okay?" I ask.

He takes my hands into his and presses a kiss on the back of them.

"I will try."

And with that, he left me in my room with (Y/P/N).

**

The sun set about an hour ago and I still didn't hear anything back from T'Challa. I peek my head out of my bedroom door and called out for my father. I heard the floorboards creak, but no response.

I grab my black dagger and hide it behind my back. I motion (Y/P/N) to stay in the room as I tiptoe through the halls. I hide behind the wall that I'm sure the intruder is. I jump out from behind the wall and pin the figure to the wall with my dagger presses against his throat.