My Facade (3/3)

"Hand over the mind stone, and there will be minimum death. If you resist, I can't make the same promise." My father states as he stands at the top of a hill of Wakanda.

"You would have to go over my dead body to get to him." Wanda loyally states.

"So be it," my father states.

He sends a signal to the army to attack. My father somehow made his way through the crowd and started to walk towards Shuri's lab. Knowing him, he will not hesitate to kill Shuri. I start to make my way towards him when I was stopped by T'Challa.

"T'Challa—"

He signals me not to speak and I comply.

He pulls off his necklace that his father carved for him and he placed it on my neck.

"I just wanted you to know that I forgive you and that I understand why you did what you did. He's your father... you need to follow his commands. I won't hold it against you if you need to fight me." He says.

Tears trail down my face and he gently wipes them away. He presses a clothes kiss on my forehead.

"I love you." He whispers to me before running away to fight the mutants.

My lips part in shock at what he just said to me. I thought that he would be angry and betrayed, but instead he is understanding and forgiving. I scan the scene in front of me, my father going to Shuri's lab and his army plucking off each of the Avengers one by one.

"Oh screw it." I mumble under my breath.

I shift back to my earthly form and I levitate into the air. I can feel my inner fire traveling through my body and collecting in my hands. I wind my arms back and clap loudly, creating a large wave of fire that takes out half of the mutant army. Warm air combs through my hair as I land back on the ground.

"Oh my lord." I hear Okoye say.

"It is good to have you back." Captain says.

**

Father looked so disappoint and angered when I turned against him. Truthfully, I didn't care, I will choose T'Challa over him in a heartbeat. The others defeated the rest of the mutants and I said that I would deal with my father, who tried to kill Shuri as leverage against me.

In fear of her getting hurt, my inner flame exploded and scorched everything in the room around me, except T'Challa and Shuri. My father has a full body burn so severe that he couldn't move, so his minions beamed him up into his ship and left.

Currently, the Avengers were all talking amongst themselves into T'Challa's conference room. In shame of my actions, I decide to walk out onto the balcony to think. I rest my elbows on the railing as the cool, earthy breeze caressed my cheeks.

I can hear T'Challa's footsteps behind me and I say:

"He's going to come back for me and the mind stone."

"It will probably take him a while to heal, and I will use that time to my advantage. To make better barrier programs and weapons." He says.

"I think you should just let him take me." I say.

He turns me around and presses my back against the railing before he boxed me in.

"What did you just say?" He asks.

"Think about it, he already has all of the stones but one. He's more eager now then ever. You should be focusing on protecting the mind stone, not protecting me." I say truthfully.

"I'm going to pretend that you didn't just say that." He says, looking deep into my eyes.

"I'm not worth this." I say, motioning to the pile of dirt that once was a beautiful plateau.

"Yes you are. You're worth everything because you are my Queen. You betrayed your own father for me, for this country. You honor and value your love for others more than your family. I won't judge you on that because I'm in love with you, Maddie." He says.

I reach up to touch the necklace he gave me and he covers my hands with his. He presses and lingering kiss on the back of my hands.

He hold my gaze as he leans in for a kiss. He cups my cheeks and places another kiss on my lips before pulling me in for a hug. I bury my face into his shoulder and sighed with satisfaction.

"I forgive you, whether you forgive yourself or not." He says.