I'm Not Busy (1/2)

Being a Wakandan journalist is a lot harder than it looks, now imagine being the head of all Wakandan journalists.

I can never catch a break!

The minute that I sit down and close my eyes, I am requested elsewhere. That lack of prescience can put some pressure on a relationship. T'Challa is a very calm and patient man, which is one of the many reasons why I love him. His calmness reduces my anxiety in an instant.

"Ms. Kahli, you have an appointment with Mr, Clark at three." My assistant states as she walks into my office.

"Thanks, ma. You're welcome to a cup of coffee." I say, motioning to my coffee maker.

I'm not those bitchy bosses who send their assistant to do those personal chores and make their lives a living hell. No, that is way too much work.

"Thanks." She says.

I nod and resume typing up my weekly column.

"My Prince." I hear my assistant say.

I glance up to see T'Challa walking into my office. There's just something about how he walks; it's almost as if he is a predator constantly hunting his prey. In addition to the fact that he is proud to be son of King T'Chaka.

"Hello my love, how was you your day?" He asks in his normal, smooth voice.

"Stressful, how about you?" I ask as I continue typing on my computer.

"My day is going pretty well, but do you know what would make it even better?" He asks.

"What?"

"Two minutes of my beautiful girlfriend's time." He says.

I immediately stop typing and look up at him.

"I did it again, didn't I? I'm so sorry babe." I apologize.

He leans on my desk and pulls on my hands, signaling me to stand up. I do so and he pulls me into in between his legs as he gazes up at me.

"There are the same gorgeous eyes that I fell in love with." He says with a small smile playing on his lips.

I purposely press my lips together to bring our my dimples.

"I'm sorry that it seems like I'm shutting you out. I swear it's not-"

"Shhhh." T'Challa interrupts.

He presses a warm kiss on my lips and I whine when he pulls away. I link my arms behind his neck and he pulls me closer by the hips.

"I don't even know why I applied for this job." I say

He presses a kiss on the top of my nose head before he says:

"That is because you love to write; and you have a talent for it. You're not someone who gives up on a dream because it gets hard. It's one of the many reason why I love you."

We gaze into each other's eyes for a while until he says:

"Well, I just came to check in on my best girl. I'll let you get back to work."

I sigh before saying:

"Okay.. I love you."

"I love you too." He says.

He presses a kiss on the back of my hand before he stands from my desk. I look up at him and he pulls me in for a hug. His steady heart beat soothes me as I rest my head against his firm chest.

"You okay now?" He asks.

I close my eyes and slowly nod yes.

"Good, now go charm the socks off all of Wakanda." He encourages.

I give him a quick peck before sitting back down. I take a deep breath and embrace the few seconds of bliss that T'Challa always gives off after he leaves the room.

"Okay." I say to myself before resuming to type on my computer.

** T'Challa's P.O.V.:

I sigh as I slide my hand down my face. I walk passed the living room, where Erik and Steve were conversing about something.

"Hey cuz, how's it going?" Erik asks from the living room.

I shake my head slightly and join him on the couch.

"Hello your Highness." Steve greets.

"Captain." I say with a slight nod.

"Tell me what's on your mind, man." He says.

"It's just... Asha. She gets so busy with her work that she has no time for other things. She rarely has any breaks and it's affecting everything." I say.

"Oh, I see. Pretty boy needs help getting his girlfriend's attention." Erik teases.

I flash him my annoyed look and he says:

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calm down cuz, why are you so tense?"

"Because my girlfriend is slowly but surely forgetting about me. More and more each day, she's more focused on her writing than she is with our relationship. She loves writing and I respect that but-"

"But what about you." Steve finishes.

"Exactly." I say.

"You want to know what I think?" Erik asks.

"What?"

"I think you want to have sex, but she's too busy to do it. And because you're not getting any, you're becoming tense and snappy." He admits.

My mouth gaped open at his words.

"Wh-?" I say looking to Steve for clarification.

He puts his hands up in surrender before he says:

"Don't look at me, I'm 90 years old and totally out of my game."

I return my gaze back to Erik.

"Oh come on man, you know it's true. You're just letting your gentleman demeanor tell you otherwise. It's okay, that's why you have me for: to say things that you can't say yourself." He says.

I roll my eyes and try to say something to object what he was saying. When truly, he was right.

I sigh as I lean forward and rest my elbows on my knees.

"What do you think I should do?" I ask.

A mischievous smirk spreads across Erik's face as he playfully hits my back.

"My man." He says.