Damn Detention!

Sirius and I both stopped running and transformed into our Human forms.

"I win. I beat you back." Sirius said cockily.
"Don't celebrate yet Siri dear. We're not yet at the castle."

With that I sped off towards the enormous castle and ran past Sirius who was rolling his eyes but soon ran too.

I was still in the lead when I heard a spell shot at me.
"Petrificus Totalus." A person with an Irish - no- Scottish accent said.
"Protego." I blocked the charm.
"Very good Miss Potter."
"Professor Mcgonagal?"
"Yes, Miss Potter. It would seem that the charm has backfired to your partner." She said gesturing behind me.
"Oops. Sorry Sirius." I apologised although he could not hear me.
"Finite Incantatam." I muttered a counter charm.

Sirius was soon thawed and back to his usual self.

"Now that Mr Black is back. I can do what I came out to do in the first place. Mr Black and Miss Potter, you both receive a week's detention for sneaking out of school and you will both have 100 house points taken from you, is that clear?"

"Detention Professor? I promised my mum I wouldn't get detention. Ugh. Way to start the year off. " I whined.
"Mr Black please show Miss Potter where to go. I trust that you know the way."
"Sure Minnie." Sirius said too confidently.
"Mr Black would you like another weeks Detention?" She said sternly.
"No Ma'am."He replied with a grin.

Professor MccGonaggal dissmissed us then disappeared.

"Well see you in detention."
"Wait aren't you supposed to show me where it is?"
"You'll learn sweetheart."

Sirius gave me a peck on the cheek which left a blush on my face, then wandered off into the distance.

I found my way back into the castle and met up with Lily.

"Aliza where in Merlins name did you run off to?"
"Oh uh nowhere. I just needed to clear my head."
"Well you'll never guess what happened."
"Let me guess James asked you out and you said yes." I say casually with a hint of sarcasm. I mean come on. Like that will ever happen.

"Actually that's exactly what happened."
"What the f**k!" I shout a little too loud.
"Bloody hell Aliza, keep your hair on."

I suddenly began squealing with excitement and great satisfaction. I was like one of Sirius's fangirls, I was going all out.

"Tell me everything."

Girly gossip mode engaged.

"Well I was going to say yes anyway, you know because of our bet. But after we found out we had the same Patronus, it was the icing the cauldron cake. Potter started acting a little more mature about it and asked me in more goofy sort of way but was still very romantic. He brought me roses instead of lillies for once and I couldn't say no to him. Oh Ali, I never thought I could actually fall for someone like Po- James."

I was beaming at everything she was saying.
Sure James could be a right git at times, but in the inside he is a kind loving and loyal companion.
Not only is he my brother, but he's also like my best friend.
Now that Lily has finally accepted him he can get the happiness he deserves.
BUT IF HE HURTS HER IN ANY WAY HE BETTER RUN BECAUSE I WILL HUNT HIM DOWN AND MAKE HIM PAY.
In a twinsy way ofcourse.

After finishing my conversation with Lily, we went off to our Ancient Runes class - which was our last lesson for the day , yipee detention soon.
*sarcasm

-----------------------------------------------------------

School was finally over and just after dinner I had my detention.
I searched for Sirius in the Great Hall but he was now where to be seen. So I decided to find my own way.