Compromising

Sirius POV
I was holding Ali in my arms as we made our way back to the group of weeping souls, I could feel her trembling nerves against my bare skin. Looking to my left, I could see Reg, his hands awkwardly shoved in his pockets.

Being the loving big brother I was, I swung my other arm around his shoulder and rested it there. He rolled his eyes with a happy sigh his eyes softened.

Only about a kilometre away, and we could hear the piercing shrieks of fear coming from the parents of the fallen soldier.
Ali and Reg stopped abruptly, contemplating whether they should carry on. After a deep breath, Ali ambled over to me and gave me a wary smile. But Reg just stayed put, as if he changed his mind, or like he was losing his confidence.

"What's wrong?" I ask.
"Nothing, I'm fine."
"Thats obvious." I say motioning at his slumped body and hunched shoulders.
"I'm fine, just leave me alone."
"I've done that for eight years Reg, talk to me." I say softly.
"Who was I kidding myself? They'll never accept me. I should just go back." He sighed.
"To What? Reg you're my brother, we help each other out."
"It's not that easy, I stayed in the dark. Lived like a true Slytherin. And I chose to be a death eater. The second I'm step foot in there, I'll have hexes and jinxes shot right at me."
"How about we sort that out when we get there. You never know unless you try."
"Ok." He whispered.

We caught up with Ali who was actually right at the entrance. I took both of their hands in mine and led them through.

Aliza POV
"Ali! Aliza!" I heard.

My eyes shot up to catch a glimpse of who it was but I was taken aback by the sudden force of an embrace.

"Ali, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean anything I said I was just angry and upset." He sobbed.
"Remus it's ok. You were right anyway."
"No I wasn't. Everything I said wasn't true, it isn't true. You don't even have to forgive me when I say I am so, so sorry."
"Of course I forgive you." I hug him.

Just as Remus pulled away from the hug, he looked up and saw Reg.
"Get behind me." He said, immediately drawing out his wand.
Regulus put his hands up and looked to Sirius who chuckled whilst giving him a guilty look.
"Remus stand down." I said. "He's on our side."
"But he-"
"Changed. He's changed Moony." Sirius finished.
"He comforted me when I was doubting myself."

Remus looked towards Regulus, who smiled plainly and waved.

"Ali you're back!" James exclaimed. His smile soon turned to a frown at the sight of Regulus.
"Oh shit!" He shouted drawing out his wand.
"Prongs, he's with us."
"I don't care."
"Well I do. Now put your wand down." I ordered.

He did as I said, giving Regulus a death stare. I pushed his face to face me, then gave him a hug to ease the tention.

"I'm just glad you're ok." He hugged back. "Why did you run off?"
"Oh. I thought everyone had had enough of me for a while."
"Are you kidding? Everyone loves having you around."
"James it's fine, you don't have to lie."
"He's right Ali, it's hard not to love you." Sirus added.

I blushed then hugged my shoulders whilst looking down, trying to hide my pink cheeks.
"You're so cute." He said placing a stray hair behind my ear, which just made me go even more pink.

"Now can someone explain what he's doing here." James said eyeing Regulus.
"He's come to apologise, right Reg?"
"Yes. And I've come to offer my help."
"Why would we want help from you?" Remus asked. "From a death eater."
"Because I'm a death eater."

Everyone kept staring at him, wandering what the hell he was talking about. Regulus looked at me for help but I just smiled and motioned for him to continue.

"I've seen what the dark lord is planning. I know there tactics, what moves they're going to make before they think to do it themselves. I can help you ambush them and maybe even bringing them down. What I'm trying to say is that I can be a spy for you. Dumbledores already agreed to help me, now I just need your approval."

"Is this true?" Mad-eye interrupted.
"It is." Sirius confirmed.
"Well to the hell with it. Congratulations Me Black, you are now an official spy for the Auror's and the Order of the Phoenix."
Regulus nodded in response with a wide smile on his face.

"You know what everyone. I'm feeling rather generous today. Everyone can head home early. I'll deal with McKinnon."
"Are you sure Mad-eye?" Lily asked.
"Changing my mind in, 3...2..."
"Thanks." We shouted, already quite far from him.

Remus stopped and took me aside looking at me intently.
"I think I might stay here with Marlene."
"Ofcourse. I'm sure she would have wanted that." I say giving him a small smile.
"And... I'm sorry."
"I told you Remus you don't need to be sorry. Plus I've forgiven you."
"I know."
"I'm sorry too. About Marlene."
"It's alright." He said, pulling me into a hug.
"I'll see you later?"
"Yeah, see ya."

I smile then disapparate back home with the two Black brothers.

________________________________________

"This, is where you live?"
"Gotten used to the good life haven't you Reg." Sirius laughed.
"Mother would be disappointed." He chuckled.
"Good thing I don't take orders from that hag anymore." He replied bluntly.
"Sirius!" I gritted through my teeth.
"Don't worry, I hated her too, but I had to suck up. Sirius was too rebellious to listen to her."
"Damn right." He called from the kitchen.
"I don't know about rebellious," I whispered ,"he seems to just block out his hearing." We laugh.
"What was that?"
"Nothing babe." I called back.

"Anyway. We've decided you can stay with us." I said to Regulus, his face lighting up. "But-"
"There's always a catch." He sighed.
"But you have to get a job, so you can pay us a rent."
"What! Why?" He moaned.
"Come on Regulus, you need to make some money for yourself anyway."
"It's fine I've got a vault at gringotts."
"What happens when that runs out?" He crossed his arms. "Welcome to the real world."
"But no one in this whole wizarding world will accept me for a job."
"Well you could always get a muggle job." I suggest.
"What has my life come too."
"Come on you lazy git. Either get a job and stay or live in that cabin for the rest of your life."

Sirius and I stood next each other, both us with our arms crossed, awaiting his answer.

"Come on Reg, you'll never know if you'll hate it unless you try."
"Fine." He replied begrudgingly.

I FINALLY UPDATED
Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!
I can confirm that there will only be a few chapters left so ....
Keep reading
xxxx