People change

Aliza POV
We all returned back to the Auruor camp filled with bliss.
"What took you lot so long?" Sirius laughed.
"Shut up and be grateful!" James growls back at him playfully.
"How did you even know where to find us?" I ask.
"Peter said you mentioned it just before you left." Lily replied.
"I did?" I question myself.
"I know, I'm pretty sure you didn't say anything." Lily whispers back.
"That kid is extremely peculiar..."

After catching up, we all made our way back to Moody's office to *thank him for all his help.
"Hey where is everyone?" Remus asks.

"Where the hell have you been!" An angry Moody yells.
"We-"
"I don't want excuses. Are you idiots blind! Look around"

We do as we're told and take a look around the camp. My eyes travel around to see everything completely disordered. I could see a residue of black smoke.... Death Eaters.

"While you lot were off frolicking, we were left here with the A.I.T's trying to fend for ourselves."

All of us broke into a deadly silence, I could tell everyone was guilty.
I opened my mouth to apologise but nothing came out.

"What happened." Sirius asked.
"The death eaters came and tore this place apart, when they realised you had left. Kingsley and I tried to rally the auror's together and protect them, but nobody was there to protect us." Moody replied a little more calmly.
"Is Kingsely...."
"He's fine, just a bit shaken, but he'll be fine."
"Mad-eye we are so sorry." I apologise whilst getting teary.
"Yeah well, what's done is done."
"Is everyone else alright?" Lily asked.

Mad-eye looked at us with no emotion, but he looked down to his feet and began to shake his head.

"....Who?" Was all I could muster out.
"McKinnon."

What No, Marlene? I had just saved her from the death eaters. I looked over to Remus who's lip was quivering, he turned around and began to walk away.

"She's was in so much when she first faced the death eaters that she couldn't handle it a second time. They torchered her too much and we tried, I tried.... I've never lost an auror."
"Don't worry Mad-eye, you did everything you could." Lily hushed.
"I'll never let that happen again. And I hope you won't either." He turns and starts stumbling off.

I look at Lily with tears in my eyes, as she does the same to me. I pull her into a hug hoping to gain comfort.
Wiping the tears away I turn to my husband who looked like he saw a ghost.

"Sirius?"
"I saw Marlene before we switched back. I kept pushing her for answers. I didn't know that she had been torchered. I thought she was just being dramatic and a little loony."
"What are you trying to say?"
"I think I.... i think I killed Marlene."
"Sirius, no matter how tough you are, I don't believe that you could never kill someone."
"But I," he began to break down into tears.
"Sirius you didn't kill Marlene. The death eaters did. But as Moody said, what's done is done."
"Gee thanks Ali." He said sarcastically.

I tried to hug him but he edged away from me.

"Ali I don't think you should be around me."
"Sirius don't be stupid."
"Fine, but I think I need some space."
"Oh ok." I say slowly backing away. " I guess I'll just go and find Remus."

My eyes began to slightly water but I brushed it off. Then I started scanning the area. Then I hear the sound of a whimpering puppy behind one of the trees. I go to investigate and find who I was looking for.

"Remus I know you're upset. But things will get better."
"Will they Ali? Because it is hard enough finding someone who'll love me and accept me for the monster I am. Now that she's gone.... its all my fault." He continued to weep.
"Remus you aren't a monster. And it's not your fault at all."
"You're right Ali. It's all your fault!" He shouts.