WenGa: Light Me Up

Yoongi walked towards the piano and began to play a melody. Freestyle of course. He always had melodies playing on his head, but today, oh today it was chaos.

An organized chaos.

A melody for how he feels right now. A fast tempo with short and hard sounding keys on his midi keyboard. On the last note he made, he sustained his finger on the key then he  began dragging it towards the tip of the piano key, as if he was dusting it with his finger.

One slow push of the piano key.

Until he remembered why he wanted to play in the first place.

An almost audible groan was heard from the packed Genius Lab. Seungwan's head lolled on the desk in front of Yoongi's monitor her head nestled on the crook of her arm that's bent on her elbow. Her long hair sprawled on her back and onto his desk. She looked peaceful and unshaken. Which is true, but it is probably due to the fact she hasn't been sleeping properly these past few days.

He looked at the open notebook on top of his desk, with her dainty handwriting of notes for whenever she works with him. Some words were in hangul while the others are worded in English. At the bottom of the book were doodles that she drew. Yoongi smiled by himself closing the notebook and gazed at the woman beside it. He sat on a chair in front of his work station and plopped his head on the desk just like her.

He let himself drown in the image of her, staring intently at the way her soft lashes rest on her cheekbones, her naturally unblemished skin glowing under the light of the monitor, her bangs covering her forehead - as always, and he reached out to part them 50-50, her lips pouty and a bit agape letting out small puffs of air.

I can't wake her up.

That's what he thought.

But despite himself, Yoongi can't help but touch her. As he drown in every bit of her details, he touched them. Gently but unrestrained, as he let his hand wander to her piercings, touching the curve of her ears admiring her piercing and thinking of why she got them. He placed the palm of his hand beside her face, feeling the heat of her face and realizing how big his hand is in comparison to her face. He let one knuckle slide on the side of her face and he thought of where to touch her next without waking her.

So he settled for her fingers, and he traced each finger like how he touched each piano key. But it's not as satisfying as interlocking hands with her so he held her hand in his and placed it near his face and eventually giving the back of her hand the barest of kisses. Then he finally interlocked hands with her limp ones, that is, before he's able to stare at the wide eyed woman staring at him.

Damn. I got caught.

"Hey."

"Yoongi. Were you just feeling my hands?" She said her voice laden with sleep.

He gave her a lighthearted laugh, "I didn't want to wake you up."

"I see that worked pretty well." She said sarcastically, but there's no sharpness in her tone.

"Sorry babe. I got carried away." He said as he gave her hand one last loving kiss.