JungRi: Cherry Blossoms

"My friend

"My friend. My friend my ass."

"You're too mean."

"As if I haven't been the obvious one here."

"What?" She chuckled, giving him an incredulous look.

"Do i need to remind you of Music Bank Singapore? I was literally one step behind you."

"Arasso. Arasso."

"Kookie is sad."

"Please stop speaking in third person. That ain't cute." She scrunched her nose at him.

"You find it cute though."

And she just rolled her eyes at him.

"So when are you free?"

"After 10 years?"

"This kid. Aish."

Jungkook went on to rant, "When are you going to take this seriously? You promised! I'm probably not meeting you for a whole month after! How do you expect me to survive."

"Are you gonna keep on ranting or I'll just end this call?"

"Ahh. No. No. No."

"Oppa."

He was always silenced with one word.

That word which brings him joy and also the word that gives him melancholia when spoken by her. It hasn't been easy these past few months.

Yeri has been distant, she has withdrawn herself from the people around her - and most especially him.

She never texted, never reached out.

No calls.

No replies.

No updates - at least with him.

And when she did, her updates were still about not being enough, apologizing for trying and failing to be happy. For not being who she was before that God forsaken day. At least how people thought she was before that day.

Isn't she allowed to be unhappy? Not to be able to show how she feels, isn't it more painful as the pain itself.

And then he watched her Instagram story of 10cm's song lyrics.

And he blamed himself. For not realizing she's been trying to reach out. That she was trying to communicate, even though it is through the only means she knows. And he knew he has to answer back on the level of communication she's most comfortable with right now - songs.