WenV: Vinyl Part 2

The two people who occupied the almost deserted vinyl-slash-bar-shop decided to sit together on a couch on the mezzanine floor, overlooking the bar. It was barely lit, with a few reddish-orange cove lights that formed circles on the ceiling. The place was, nice, cozy, and inviting, with comfortable seating chairs; aside from that everything inside space seemed to be muted, except for the music that emanated from turntable. It was a wonder why the place was basically deserted at this time of the day.

Taehyung and Seungwan sat beside each other on the couch as Seungwan nursed a half empty mug of Moscow Mule - she decided that it's probably the wrong choice of drink - and Taehyung happily sipped his strawberry milk from the carton.

"Huh. So the milk has always been yours?" Seungwan said after a moment of silence fell on the pair.

"Hehe. Yeah. Jjong-sshi never minded, as long as I don't stock too much."

"How may of those do you actually drink?"

"This? About 3? Why? You want some noona?"

"Aniyo. Enjoy your milk. I'm not mean enough to deprive a baby of his milk."

"Aww. Am I a baby in your eyes?" Taehyung grinned, his eyes crinkling as he did a flower pose while making "Eung~ Eung~" noises and actually turning his head from side to side.

Seungwan now looked at the man beside her. Although she found the man inexplicably dual and highly unpredictable, she can't help but smile and laugh at his antics. But also at times hold her breath and brace her emotions as he sometimes pulls a flirty remark or a devilish grin, amidst all that, Seungwan believes that it is that duality that's making Taehyung more endearing.

It's hard not to like him.

What else can she say, he's probably the only male idol she has the audacity to start contact with. That fist bump from MBC 2015 year end gayo started it all - no - it was what sealed the deal.

They became friends. From passers-by who would bow in a sunbae-dongsaeng relationship, to acquaintances when each heard the others' playlist 'accidentally' in passing, to friends when Seungwan decided to make that fist bump in a not-so-hidden-place.

She was overjoyed to say the least, she found a lot of similarities with him and she became comfortable with him. Although it's too cliché to admit, Seungwan thinks that her friendship with him is an oasis in the dessert. He was refreshing and full of spirit, just being near him replenishes your soul. She never had to overthink, they can talk about anything and it would be like their astral projections are communicating. She wondered what he thought of her when they made that fist bump.

She's so cool.

Is what Taehyung thought.

He was immediately mesmerized. No, actually, he has been mesmerized by her for a while now. He was just glad that he made the impulsive move of recommending another song of an artist she has been listening to when he heard it, in passing, of course.

He had widened his eyes, clapped and shouted the title of the song before being ushered away by their managers, glancing between the confused face of a blonde Son Seungwan and an overly eager face of the male.

When she fist bumped him and told her she listened to it, Taehyung felt that she had pierced a hole on the wall that he has  been building. It was an act so subtle and minute that it's easily overlooked, but it spoke bounds to him. It was a green-light, not really the romantic kind. It was an approval of friendship in a setting where a bond of the opposite sex seemed to be atypical, to say the least. It was seen to be abnormal even.