JoyJin: Oh Joy! Part 2

The car smoothly went through the winding roads despite the pelting rain that knocked on their windshied multiple times. There was a silence that ensued inside the sleek car. Sooyoung was unintentionally holding back her breath as she adjusted herself on the passenger's seat. A crisp crackling of brown paper was heard.

"Sorry about that. We're hurrying so I didn't notice the supplies are still there." Seokjin reasoned as he stole glances on his side, "C-can you please put those on the back seat so you could be comfortable? Should I stop the car and put on hazard lights on the side of the street while you do that?" Seokjin mumbled more to himself as he seemed to be the one immensely bothered.

"Op-. Seokjin-sshi I can do this. You don't have to fret. If anyone should be sorry it's me, I'm sorry for tagging along." Joy said as she started to put the two brown bags at the back of the car.

"No. No. No. No. I'm not asking you to tag along. That's not what I mean. I meant I am not forcing you to come with me?" He looked at her, a brief glimpse to his side and he saw her already looking at him, so he directed back his gaze on the street that has less visibility, "I'm not forcing you to come with me." He said more certain that he had the road to distract his clouded thoughts.

"No. You're not forcing me, at all." He can hear the smirk in her voice, he imagined her arms crossed over her chest, her head bent regarding him. He stiffened on his swat; a pair of eyes trailed its way from his profile to the hands grasping the wheels.

Ah. Freaking spotlight effect.

"I don't see you as that kind of person." Sooyoung continued in her reverie. Initially, she wanted to start off with light impersonal talks, small talks that could pass over their heads, and their answers would be at the tip of their tongues instead of deep burdening conversations. Perhaps questions such as, "Awful weather, isn't it?" or something along the lines of, "How is Odengie and Eomukie?".

But, she decided, this isn't any normal day for the man, and even if she wanted to be nonchalant of the depressing aura the man emitted, she's too 'nosy' not to care.

Her members would comment on how fast she could catch on their moods; it was both a blessing and a curse. Knowing, she realized, entails some action and actions from someone unwanted will cause more harm than any good.

Ignorance is bliss.

She always want to argue, and she's not wrong.

It's a fragile bubble, a thin, volatile wall that prevents one from doing and allows one to be passive instead. She burst that bubble when she willingly entered the man's car. And it's that man who kept on fidgeting behind the wheel that got her attention once again,

"Like what person?"

"A forceful person. You aren't one of those."

He acknowledged her observation by slightly nodding his head in agreement, not averting his eyes from the road, which was really a good idea considering the continuous pouring of rain.

Sooyoung glanced at the side mirror, noting the water that splashed away from where the car passed by. They aren't very fast either, and she noted that the highway was not exactly barren, in fact people might've been afraid of the sudden downpour that they moved once it started to rain. She made up her mind, and reached out a hand to the driver's seat, and slightly tapped on the man's shoulder.

"Gah!"

"Ah!"

"What?"