SeulMin: Overt is Covert (II)

The two started to walk in a slow pace, side-by-side in the cold January  afternoon. Jimin was wearing navy blue turtleneck inside his grey plaid coat and a black baseball cap to cover his attention seeking cotton candy pink hair.

Both were silent in their wandering,  unable to express how they are both feeling fluttered but scared out of their wits as well.

It's probably the comfort of their own coats and the warm feeling that it brought that the two felt a sense of security in their stroll - not even a sense of urgency to walk away and go back to their own bubbles - living separate lives where one does not necessarily overlap with the other's business.

Just coexisting, never colliding.

They are not even holding hands but their stride, their pace and their breaths are in sync with each other.

It is unfair when the world connives for two people to meet each other - like right now - and when it feels that they've known each other for more than they actually have, when others take an ungodly long time, multiple trial and errors, and several heartaches to finally say they've found a home.

Some people call it divine providence, serendipity, others luck, some karma, a kismet, or even the Fates spinning and cutting their thread.

But these two idols walking the same path haven't realized it yet, because they live in the moment of that ambiguity, the place before stepping foot into another threshold, the moment before you make a giant leap of faith. And what scares them is not the fact that they both know they wanted to take that step into the unknown.

It was the actuality that it's all too perfect for them. It's been years that they have tried to avoid to be infatuated with the concept of being in love and loved. And when it is presented plainly and in sight, say, like walking beside them in the Han river, all the two could do is wait for the world to say, "Aha! Joke's on you!"

So, yes, the world connived for them to meet. But then even if the universe planned it all, nothing is going too happen.

Unless they decide to grab the other's hand.

Unless they decide to talk.

Unless they say what's on their minds.

Until then, they're probably satisfied with what they have now.

For now.

▪▪▪○▪▪▪

The two settled on the grassy area near the Han River. However, unlike the cafe awhile ago, the park beside the river was packed with people: families, couples, friends, individuals minding their own worlds.

Jimin felt Seulgi stiffen beside him, her eyes were shaky as she scanned the place and found her eyes drawn back to the man beside her; she's asking for validation; and he's giving her one: "Yes, we are staying here."

"Jimin-sshi." She croaked, her throat began to dry, she wrung her fingers as she began to felt more and more anxious.

"Ne~" Jimin answered, softly but with the teasing inflection in his voice. He slowly looked at her inching a bit closer as Seulgi looked back at him curiously. The man's eyes sparkled as he placed his hand behind her head. Seulgi flinched at the sudden movement taking a sudden intake of breath before realizing that he reached for the hood of her jacket to put over her head.

But Jimin didn't end there as he had the liberty to tease the other, so he placed both hands on the side of her head before stooping down to whisper,