Jungri: Cherry Blossoms Part 2

"Unnie~"

"Yah. Kim Yerim, do you think you can use that tone and think that I will not know what you want."

"and the answer is no." Joohyun finished her statement. Looking at the younger female already pouting and giving her puppy-dog eyes. 

"But unnie."

"No buts." Joohyun took a deep sigh, one that made the younger feel guilty, but not enough for Yeri to back out on her request just yet. "I've allowed you to meet Jungkook, what else do you want me to do?"

Joohyun finally stopped walking, making Yeri abruptly halt, almost bumping her. She looked at the youngest with arms crossed on her chest.

"Just help me roll the kimbap. Juseyo~" she tried again.

At the back of Joohyun's mind, she knows that she's wrapped around the maknae's fingers. She just didn't want the younger one to notice it. Besides when Yeri is desperate she usually...

"Unnie. I promise I'll clean my room. And I'll help in washing the dishes after every meal for a week."

Ah. There it is

"A month."

"2 weeks." Yeri countered putting up two fingers in the air.

"Alright two weeks."

Did I agree too easily? Was I too easy on her.

"Kyaaaaa! I love you! I love you lots and lots and lots." Yeri shouted as she hugged Joohyun and peppered her with kissy sounds that never made contact with Joohyun's skin because she held Yeri an arms length away.

"I get it." She said when Yeri stopped grabbing at her. "I guess you bought the ingredients already?"

"Oh." Yeri stepped backward further from the leader. "About that..."

"Kim Yerim!"

▪▪▪○▪▪▪

That resulted in Jungkook waiting under a lamp post for 30 more minutes. He was in his usual clothes, casual and dark colored pieces, however, he dressed warmly as the weather seemed unforgiving these past few days. A lot of ice has melted but there is a definite chill in the air as they await the new spring. A spring that might have come to him earlier than expected.

"Kookie."

As if on cue.

"I'm sorry. Did you wait too long?" Yeri panted a bit. She half ran and half jogged a few meters when she saw his silhouette under that street lamp.

Isn't this where you're supposed to kiss?

She stood frozen as a memory flashed on her mind. Level up season 2.

Yeri has always been a voracious reader. Out of all the members of Red Velvet she's probably the one who has read constantly and finished any book she has picked up. Of course her Seungwan unnie also has read a lot of books and Joohyun unnie has also started to pick up the habit. But she herself is also a writer - a lyricist. And when he saw him there, under that lit spot, with his hair down and a black hoodie on his broad back, his eyes concentrating on the screen of his phone, sometimes looking up and scanning the area, waiting for her - he's waiting for her - her mind just went over things she has read, scenarios she has thought of, and daydreams she has only imagined.