WenHope: The Bet

"Aren't you telling me where exactly we're going?" A young woman queries, as she matched strides with a lanky man wearing a bomber jacket over a slim fit black shirt.

"She wanted to meet you."

"But who is she?"

"Just trust me."

"This is not your ex?"

The man quickly whipped his head towards her, finding the idea of letting his girlfriend meet his ex- lover incredulous, if not immoral, "What!?"

"You know, the woman who dumped you for another man. If this is her, then good. I'm going to give her a piece of my mind."

The man chuckled and gave her hand a squeeze, "No need for that."

The two walked in the much familiar roads of Seoul, fingers entwined together. The woman knows how comforting this is to the man who would occassionally give her much smaller hands a reassuring squeeze - although she's unsure what the man thought needed any reassuring. Sometimes his thumb would stroke the back of her hand and he would give her one of his dazzling smiles when she would turn to him. The ones that make the apples of his cheeks pronounced, the ones that crinkles the ends of his eyes, and the ones that turn his mouth into the most perfect of shapes. There's nothing more to do than for her to smile back, as radiant as the ones he gave her.

"I swear, if it's Jiwoon-unnie you're hiding again." She referred to Hoseok's older sister whom she have meet under horryfying circumstances - at least for her.

"That woman loves you. But no, noona's quite busy these days."

She muttered a quick, "Hmm." And continued walking in silence.

At times like this, Seungwan feels that time is against them. Everyday passed by with a blur without much of a thought it's another sunrise, without much direction it's another starry sky. A hectic schedule is both a blessing and a curse: When anxiety and stress piles up, it's easier to distract oneself with laborious tasks such as learning a new choreography, but at the end of the day its both the body and the mind that becomes tired and listless, another night spent sleepless. So when she's with Hoseok, it feels almost unfair how time would speed up without her saying anything, it seemed that it's always sunsets and sunrise - But now that's okay, he's the only sunlight she likes.

"Thank you for accompaying me to shop."

"No biggie." He squeezes yet again.

Yep. Nothing big. It was huge, gigantous, almost life changing.

For Seungwan, shopping has been too stressful, not because the task itself was too taxing, nope, she loves walking - loves it too much to scare any prospective shopping buddies. It is because she can never make up her mind. It will take her two long laborious hours to buy a single item. But with Hoseok, it was smooth, shopping became effortless and elementary, not because he would direct her towards where to go - no, shopping with her while holding hands, of course he'd bide his time. It's because he would give straighforward answers when she asks suggestions on whuch one's to buy.

"This scent smells lovely, right?" She says as she wafts a sample sheet under his nose.

"Hmm. This one's too sweet smelling."

"Is it?" She takes another perfume bottle to show him and inhaled another scent that she's been mulling over.

"How about this one? I think this reminds me of... of rainy days." She passed the sheet with the scent to Hoseok.